HPE Software is now Micro Focus
HPE Software is now Micro Focus
IT Operations Management (ITOM)
cancel

Operations Bridge: Setting a node in adhoc outage - in just a click!

Re: Operations Bridge: Setting a node in adhoc outage - in just a click!

Valued Contributor. Mohan Kandasamy

Hi Mgoyal.

Many thanks for the post… this is what I’m looking for and kindly share the content pack?

Kind regards

Mohan

0 Kudos
About the Author

Mohan Kandasamy

Comments
 Super Contributor..

So how to add a specific node in to that particular outage group? How is this different that using downtime management option where we can select specific CI and start a downtime?

[Mamta] - As mentioned in the article, you can use any of the following approaches to add a node to the outage node group:

a. Using Monitored Nodes UI, create the node group and add the node to it
b. Run the opr-node CLI to do so
c. Create a tool (using opr-node CLI) that appears in the right click context menu or action tab of a node CI or event

Its different than downtime as it allows you to select an event OR a node CI in an explorer view and initiate/end the outage by just right clicking on it. In Downtime, you have to go to the downtime UI to create a downtime with starttime and endtime and add CIs to it. In downtime, it allows you to reflect the downtime status in service health views while in this case, there is no effect on the the CI status in service health.

Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

very nice posting. Thank you!

I am just a little curious, why do you use the "assigned group"  attribute, but not a CMA with a speaking name (even with multiple possible values, maybe matching the downtime category)?

Is checking for a CMA value from within an event filter so much slower compared to checking for a standard message attribute?

Best regards,

Wodisch

Hi Wodisch, I'm using assigned group because group assignment can be done automatically using OMi group assignment rules wherein it allows me to use a view filter to select the nodes which are in outage. For the CMA, I will have to write an EPI script to find which nodes are in outage and then add the CMA and i wanted to avoid it.

I hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Mamta

PS: sorry for the typos

Micro Focus Expert

Seems a great approach, thanks for sharing. I would be interested in the content pack.

Best regards

Marc

Thanks Marc, will be sending you the content pack shortly.

Regards,

Mamta

Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Mgoyal, I would like to have a look at that Content Pack. Thank you.

Thanks Raymond, will be sharing the content pack shortly.

Outstanding Contributor..

How does it work when the Alert is generated related to Disk (Drvie letter in related CIs). Will the same approach works for the Disk alerts?

Yes, the same approach will work for disk related alerts but you need to modify the view definition in step 2 to include disk CI type.

Honored Contributor..

Will yu be sharing it as Content pack on Market place ?

Hi Ashish,

Yes, thats the plan...

Thanks & Regards,

Mamta

Valued Contributor.

Hi Mgoyal.

Many thanks for the post… this is what I’m looking for and kindly share the content pack?

Kind regards

Mohan

Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Mamta,

thanks for the blog.

But the "opr--node" Tool requires a password which is shown afterwards in cleartext.. I assume this is not an acceptable solution for customers.... Is there a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Harald