NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
IT4IT™ Value Chain Forum
cancel

Implement IT4IT™ Request to Fulfill (R2F) with SAP content using the newly released HPE RI

OhadGoldfarb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Implement IT4IT™ Request to Fulfill (R2F) with SAP content using the newly released HPE RI

The IT4IT Request to Fulfill (R2F) Value Stream is a framework that connects various consumers with goods and services that are used to satisfy their productivity and innovation needs. R2F also plays an important role in helping IT organizations transition to a service broker model. Enterprise customers have been using external suppliers for goods and services for many years, and R2F helps IT optimize both service consumption and fulfillment experiences for that new model. R2F provides a single consumption experience to consumers for seamless subscriptions to both internal and external services, as well as managing subscriptions and routing fulfillments to many different service providers in parallel.

The HPE IT4IT™ team has just released a new version of the R2F with SAP content Reference Implementation (“RI”) and it is now available for consumption. The Request to Fulfill (R2F) Value Stream for SAP is meant to handle the IT automation work done on a daily basis on all IT business services, applications, and infrastructure environments.

R2F.png

This version include best practices about management of the business-critical complex SAP environment, integrated with other non-SAP applications and infrastructure, including the challenge to manage a modern hybrid Cloud. An automated installation and scale-up of SAP applications. Other elements present in typical SAP implementations include: ERP, NetWeaver, Application Server, the Enterprise portal, CRM, SCM, and so on. Non-SAP applications that are part of a given business process must also be deployed in parallel with SAP deployments. They are often integrated with SAP systems into a landscape. The HPE Operations Orchestration (OO) Content for SAP Landscape Virtualization Management (LVM) integration, is also available to support R2F with SAP use cases - as well as integrating with the SAP Business API´s (BAPI) layer.

In this phase of the R2F SAP 2.0 RI project, we focused on:

• Delivering content for automatic deployment of SAP products using HPE products. The content focuses mainly on VMware environments for S/4 HANA and the SAP business suite deployment using HPE Cloud Service Automation (CSA) and OO, and includes:

CSA topology designs and offerings.

OO Content Packs – flows and scripts developed in cooperation with EG SAP lab.

Demo, installation video and dedicated documentation.

• Supporting the SAP Standard deployment, SAP Distributed deployment, and S/4 HANA deployment with the new content with the following operations: Deploy, Un-deploy, Add application server, Suspend & resume.

The content is modular and can be modified to deploy SAP as SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS. The R2F with SAP RI content package is built from: SAP installation and management shell script; OO flows that enable deployment of SAP instances, as well as adding and managing SAP application servers; CSA topology designs in order for CSA to deploy and manage SAP services; CSA offerings for the SAP services.

The main products and versions that are included in this phase are:

• HPE products: CSA Version 4.5, OO Version 10.22
  • 3rd party products: VMware vCenter Version 5, SAP Business Suite innovations 2013 SR1, SAP Business Suite innovations 2013 SR2, SAP S/4HANA on premise 1511.  

This project has resulted in a new R2F for SAP configuration guide and some Content that was published to the HPLN library. For additional details, see the Request to Fulfill Value Stream RA page, the R2F RI page, the R2F for SAP page or the RA pages on our Solution Portal.

For any questions on the HPE Reference Implementation projects please contact IT4IT@hpe.com

7 REPLIES
KW2000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Implement IT4IT™ Request to Fulfill (R2F) with SAP content using the newly released HPE RI

Great article, explains really clearly the relationship between applications. and lifecycles in the process

Wodisch Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Implement IT4IT™ Request to Fulfill (R2F) with SAP content using the newly released HPE RI

Love the diagram! I always get questions/requests for diagrams like that, so thanks a lot for it. But in addition to that, I get questions about the current releases, so: will there be an update covering CSA 4.70, SM 9.50, OO 10.60? Thanks a lot!
WitoldKTW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I agree. Update to latest releases would be appreciated.

Regards,

tonyprice Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was at the UK ITSMF conference this week and 2 people asked me about IT4IT and SAP so this was great as I coukd point them at this valuable resource.  Thank you!

Mukesh Patel_2 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Very well explained. Nice article.

J Flanders New or Quiet Member..
New or Quiet Member..

I have not thougth of using IT4IT for anything yet. I'm still learning and exploring what IT4IT is and how I will be able to introduce this to my coworkers

never give up, never surrender - (Commander Taggart / Galaxy Quest)
Highlighted
Stuart Crann
Member.

IT4IT is new to us. However, it's good to see other software providers joining the party.

As mentioned to a couple of people at HPE, it would be useful to start putting together a definitive list.