Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
LoadRunner Practitioners Forum
cancel

Issue on Recording Oracle ADF Application (ORACLE RMS release 16)

Highlighted
Koshiro
Valued Contributor.

Issue on Recording Oracle ADF Application (ORACLE RMS release 16)

Good day Practitioners,

I'm currently doing a POC on LoadRunner v12 if it can record the objectNames, of an Oracle RMS release 16 application, which is using the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF). Right now I tried to record it in LR, however, we are getting encrypted values.

With this, I would like to check with you, if there's a way for LoadRunner to record the objectNames on this application (Oracle RMS release 16 using Oracle ADF). Or if someone encountered or work with Oracle ADF before, is there some sort of configuration that needs to be updated in order to enable the recording?

I included a part of the recorded script for reference

web_custom_request("RmsHome_8", 
        "URL=http://localhost:7005/Rms/faces/RmsHome?Adf-Window-Id=w0&Adf-Page-Id=1", 
        "Method=POST", 
        "Resource=0", 
        "RecContentType=text/xml", 
        "Referer=http://localhost:7005/Rms/faces/RmsHome", 
        "Snapshot=t96.inf", 
        "Mode=HTTP", 
        "EncType=application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8", 
        "Body=pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc1=0&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:dept1Id=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:class1Id=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:subclass1Id=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc2=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc6=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:formatIdId=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:soc3=0&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:it4=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:it1=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:tabrg1:2:it3=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:it1=&pt1:contentAreaReg:0:it2=&"
        "org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.FORM=f1&Adf-Window-Id=w0&Adf-Page-Id=1&javax.faces.ViewState=!x2yblxo6j&event=pt1%3AbadgeUpdatePoll&event.pt1:badgeUpdatePoll=%3Cm+xmlns%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Foracle.com%2FrichClient%2Fcomm%22%3E%3Ck+v%3D%22suppressMessageClear%22%3E%3Cs%3Etrue%3C%2Fs%3E%3C%2Fk%3E%3Ck+v%3D%22type%22%3E%3Cs%3Epoll%3C%2Fs%3E%3C%2Fk%3E%3C%2Fm%3E&oracle.adf.view.rich.PROCESS=pt1%3AbadgeUpdatePoll", 
        LAST);

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Koshiro

3 REPLIES
Maram
Valued Contributor.

Re: Issue on Recording Oracle ADF Application (ORACLE RMS release 16)

Hi Koshiro ,

I am also facing the same issue with oracle ADF. But i didn't get any solution for this. If you find any solution pls share with me also that its very help ful for me.

Br,

Maram

Koshiro
Valued Contributor.

Will do that Maram. I'm still leaning towards a solution on this, due to cirticality of my project, we're leaning towards the use of TruClient protocol. 

Let's hope that there's a practitioner in our community who can assist us on this. :-) 

Koshiro
Valued Contributor.

Good day Practitioners!

Does anyone encountered the same problem as stated above and was able to successfully record it not using the TruClient Protocol? 

Thanks in advance. :-)