NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
LoadRunner User Discussions
cancel

Issue replaying VUgen script against Oracle Forms 12c application

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Steven Hedley Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Issue replaying VUgen script against Oracle Forms 12c application

I am on client site and when I replay my (very basic login logout) vugen script it is failing with the following error:

Unsupported Java Class: oracle.forms.webutil.clientinfo.GetClientInfo

I have upgraded to LR 12.56 so the creation of the Webutil array is now automated which makes life much easier.

I have installed the JDK1.8 on my client desktop and updated Java to V8 R162 which I believe should be enough to get things to run.

I did have a script running against another build of this app, but this was configured as a Development environment whereas this one is configured as a Live environment - not sure if this is what is killing me from a permissions perspective?

The app servers are running on Linux now - when we last successfully tested this (7 years ago, Oracle 10g), they were running on Windows so quite a change in the architecture of the application under test.

Anyone got any eperiences of something similar?

This is killing me dead.

Regards,
Steven

10 REPLIES
 Micro Focus Expert Shlomi Nissim  Micro Focus Expert
 Micro Focus Expert

Re: Issue replaying VUgen script against Oracle Forms 12c application

Sorry, not an expert in it. Have you looked at this post: https://community.oracle.com/thread/4121785?

Thanks,
Shlomi

Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi.

The thing is, that post looks like it isn't working manually through a browser whereas mine works fine.

I can even record the process using vUgen, it is when it comes to replay that it is failing.

I have raised a ticket with MicroFocus.

I was wondering if LR somehow uses a different version of JRE when it replays as I have seen posts relating to this issue where the version of JRE used to compile the jar is greater than the version used to replay?

I have updated the JRE/JDK oon my client PC but I know LR has it's own JRE directory?

I'm a wee bit outside of my wheelhouse on this one!!

Trusted Contributor..

Ha ha so MicroFocus support have responded and closed my ticket...

The response was just a copy & paste from the document that details how to record using LR against Oracle NCA, i.e. the very process I stated I had followed manually using LR12.53 and then, by upgrading to LR 12.56 this is automated so it removes any User Error doubt.

Needless to say I rejected the resolution and reopened my ticket - I am a bit disappointed by this response, it looks like someone has just skim read what I put and not fully digested what I said i've already tried.

Micro Focus Expert h2o_2  Micro Focus Expert
 Micro Focus Expert

I suspect that the issue relates to the preparereply array.

In the KB on the webutil you can see that if the answers changes on teh same object and the same question, you need to modify the array and add parameters that will change each occurance instead of hard coded value.

Please follow the KB and compare the replay log to see that the answers sent on action=4 matches the behavior during the record.

Trusted Contributor..

Do you mean the Java_Custom_Property_Answer_Table array?

The one that deals with instances of WUC_GET_LOCAL_PROPERTY with multiple values that change each occurence?

If so, then I have already followed the document and parameterised those values to stick them in a parameter and update value on each occurence as advised.

Trusted Contributor..

A bit of further background,

I have already had a script that replays fine against a development instance of the application so the process of creating the arrays, etc. is not the issue I feel.

The current version of the AUT is configured as Live, on Unix servers and I suspect it is either a security issue or a JRE version issue or similar as I am following exactly the same process as before and now getting these errors.

I upgraded my PC to the latest JDK version but wondered if LoadRunner runs with it's own version of JRE somehow?

I have seen forum posts about this error, nothing to do with LoadRunner, that say if you try to run with an earlier version of JRE than was used to compile the JARs then the error can occur.

I cannot see any way of stating/changing the JRE version LR uses upon replay?

Micro Focus Expert

LoadRunner's replay of nca is not JRE dependant.

I suggest you open a ticket with the support team or providing it with advance trace in private for further investigation.

Trusted Contributor..

Thanks, ticket already open and had one generic response as per above.

Hopefully second response will yield more information.

Micro Focus Expert

Trusted Contributor..

Yep been through that process numerous times, had it working 7 years ago on the same application when it upgraded to 10g, but now it isn't working against 12c.

As I said, LR 12.56 does a lot of the donkey work automatically now but you still need to parameterise the reply property values which I have also done.

The application has also switched over to Linux hardware which could also be a factor.

I believe the issue isn't related to that, I think it's a Java or security issue personally but was hoping maybe someone could throw some light on it.

I have zipped up my script folder and replay log and sent to MF so fingers crossed...

Top Contributors Last 30 Days