LoadRunner User Discussions
cancel

LrRawResultsExporter FER: remote host and port designation as well as InfluxDB login credentials

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Okke Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

LrRawResultsExporter FER: remote host and port designation as well as InfluxDB login credentials

The LrRawResultsExporter is a great initiative by the LoadRunner team and it helps into getting LoadRunner metrics combined with other monitoring tools used by organizations to be able to get an unified view.
That being said the current release can only export to an InfluxDB instance hosted on localhost and no login credentials can be provided.

Should I consider this as an initial release and can I expect that remote host and port designation as well as login credentials (InfluxDB authorization) will be added in the (near) future?

Thanks for your efforts so far!

Regards,
Okke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Solution

Re: LrRawResultsExporter FER: remote host and port designation as well as InfluxDB login credentials

Hello Okke,

Setting the host and port as well as the InfluxDB login credentials is already supported.

In order to do this, you have to define them in the LrRawResultsExporter.exe.config file found in %LR_PATH%bin.

The default setting is localhost with blank credentials. 

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Ioan

5 REPLIES
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: LrRawResultsExporter FER: remote host and port designation as well as InfluxDB login credentials

Hi Okke,

Are you aware that Telegraf (data collector for InfluxDB) can act as a proxy for InfluxDB?

That might solve your problem and Micro Focus might save development cycles by documenting this.

Regards,

Erik

Solution

Hello Okke,

Setting the host and port as well as the InfluxDB login credentials is already supported.

In order to do this, you have to define them in the LrRawResultsExporter.exe.config file found in %LR_PATH%bin.

The default setting is localhost with blank credentials. 

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Ioan

Valued Contributor..

Thank you for pointing this out. Will be useful for other end users as well to know I guess.

Could you please elaborate on the other settings (Grafana section and the "service names")?
Supplied my Grafana host and an API key with admin role rights wishing to see dashboard automatically being generated through templating. Wishful thinking of course!  :-) Haha

2018-10-19 13_32_58-C__Program Files (x86)_Micro Focus_LoadRunner_bin_LrRawResultsExporter.exe.confi.pngconfig file

The "Service" names you can ignore, as they are not of importance and are removed in the scope of the following release.

Regarding the Grafana section, url and API key, the tool will generate a datasource when processing a results folder. After the next release, you will have a pleasant surprise with the dashboard.

Valued Contributor..

I can confirm the creation of the datasource (I overlooked it in the first place).

Thanks again for the effort of replying and creating the functionality.