LoadRunner User Discussions
cancel

MQ Script is not working in new windows 2012 server

murali45 Contributor.
Contributor.

MQ Script is not working in new windows 2012 server

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate from Windows 2008 to Windows 2012. So, before migration, we wanted to check our MQ script (in C language – MQ tester) in new windows 2012 server. We have installed Loadrunner version 12.55 build 0911 in windows 2012. We have also installed MQ tester to work on MQ script which is fully written in C language. When we compile the MQ script, Load runner throws below errors.

Line -1070: Redeclaration of ‘size_t’ previously declared at C:\\Program files (x86)\\HPE\\LoadRunner\\include\lrun.h:159

Line - 1129: redeclarion of ‘size_t’ previously declared at vuser_init.c:1070

Line 1448: Vuser init.c(1448): Error: C interpreter run time error :  vuser_init.c(1448): Error—File error : LoadLibrary(DLLSHMem.dll) failed. The specified module could not be found.

I have included only these three errors because other few errors are duplicate of above.

Note: The same MQ script is working fine in windows 2008 server with Loadrunner version 11.52 Build 4391.

Can anyone please help us to resolve these errors?

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: MQ Script is not working in new windows 2012 server

C script language in LR is continuously evolving. So one of the changes you ran into is the addition of the type definition of 'size_t' It is according the messages defined in two places (you even got the files and line numbers). Examine the two definitions and likely you have to remove the definition in your own code or rename in your code when the underlying types to not match.

It looks like you are using a library 'DLLSHMem.dll' and with the new test setup this library cannot be found. When it was part of the old LR version (?), you might try to remove or replace the loading of this library. When it is your own library or third party, you might need to set up more software to make it  available.

Try to get access to a C programmer for a few hours in your team to resolve these errors, those are not that special, but typical C-language related.

murali45 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi JHF Remmelzwaal,

Thanks for answering my questions. i will try to implement what you have said and get back to you.

i have another query.

lr_load_dll("DLLSHMem.dll") is being used in script which loads a DLL from windows. Do you know how to check whether windows  2012 has this particular DLL.?

Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Google is at least my friend (make it yours): I found a reference to the source DLLSHMEM.C. Looks like it was one day an example in "Win32 Developer's Reference help" to share some data. Looks like the guy that made your test made the test OS dependent (Looks like no smart comments for this hack). Try to locate this DLL on your old server and copy it to the LR-script directory. Also add (register) this file under Extra files, else it will not copied to your Load Generator. Try to see if it still runs. When it fails you have to remove the related shared-caching code from your test.

It might be used to simulate the, at that time not existing, LR's VTS server capabilities (Just a guess).