Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
LoadRunner User Discussions
cancel

SAPGUI Users just stop (Status failed) without any error messages

Highlighted
Hans M Jung
New Member.

SAPGUI Users just stop (Status failed) without any error messages

Hi all,

I am observing a strage issue, where some SAPGUI VUsers  just go to failed after running for like 2 minutes. 
There is no error message in the VUser log (usually it will complain about no being able to find an object in sapgui). The log of te affected vusers just stops without any indication of why the user is not working anymore. There also are no controller messages (failed load generator or something similar).

Interestingly this happens only in one specific transaction (all other SAPGUI scripts are rock-solid) and this behaviour is not reproducible in VUGEN.
It seems that on each Load generator only 1 VUser using this Transaction survives - all others show the issue. 
I would also dismis the possibility of this being a cross-vuser-locking issue (VUser 1 locking a bsiness object, while vuser 2 tries to access it) as the vusers test data are non-overlappig.

Using Performance Center 12.5, Build 12.501178.0, btw.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

BR,

Hans

1 REPLY
Micro Focus Expert Shlomi Nissim
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SAPGUI Users just stop (Status failed) without any error messages

Hi Hans,

Are the Vusers running on Controller machine or the Load Generator?
If on the Load Generator, is the LoadRunner agent configured to run as a process or as a service? By default it is configured to run as a service with Performance Center. UI level protocols, such as SAPGUI, require interaction with the desktop and when running configured as a service this interaction is limited. In newer versions of Performance Center we have introduced a feature to alleviate that for TruClient scripts and we are planning to address it more holistically for all UI based protocols in future version. For now, I suggest trying to configure the agent as a process and ensure the machine is logged on (and optionally locked)

Can you try running 2 Vusers from Controller directly? (logon to one of the PC Host machines and invoke Controller directly, add the script and try running 2 Vusers). Do this test when the LR agent on the LG is configured to run as a process. I would like to see if the issue is related to PC or a general LR behavior.

Finally, please open a support call. We will assist you.

Regards,
Shlomi