cancel

does each vuser have its own cache?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
hazngu Contributor.
Contributor.

does each vuser have its own cache?

Does each vuser manage its own browser cache separately from each other or do they share when running?
I'm planning to simulate a 40-vuser load using a single test user account. Will vuser1 be accessing cached data from vuser2? I don't know how caching is managed during load so any clarification here is appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.. lb1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..
Solution

Re: does each vuser have its own cache?

Hi  Hazngu, 

if you checked the option. every user in the scenario have their own web cache. I always use a list of different virtual users who make a web browsing, and if you have an authentication step the account phase will be different for every Vuser in the list. You can also checked the "Clear cache on each iteration" option (under "Browser emulation -> Browser cache" path from Runtime Settings window) so the run emulates a new user browsing session. 

Lorenzo

3 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Which protocol are you asking about?

In Web - HTTP/HTML, cache is not used, but it can be emulated.

In TruClient, which is running a browser per Vuser, each one is isolated and using a separate cache.

Edo

hazngu Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for the response.  If I use Web HTTP/HTML protocol and select the runtime option to simulate browser cache, will each vuser still have its own cache? Given that each vuser uses the same test account to login to the web app?

Honored Contributor.. lb1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..
Solution

Hi  Hazngu, 

if you checked the option. every user in the scenario have their own web cache. I always use a list of different virtual users who make a web browsing, and if you have an authentication step the account phase will be different for every Vuser in the list. You can also checked the "Clear cache on each iteration" option (under "Browser emulation -> Browser cache" path from Runtime Settings window) so the run emulates a new user browsing session. 

Lorenzo