Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Network Automation Practitioners Forum
cancel

functionality which is used for connecting to a node using SSH directly from NA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
tanish
Honored Contributor.

functionality which is used for connecting to a node using SSH directly from NA

Hello Experts,

i logged in as admin and when i tried the functionality which is used for connecting to a node using SSH directly from NA is not working. when i select the option, new window opens but I am not able to ssh.

Any thoughts ?

6 REPLIES
Michael_Sanchez
Micro Focus Expert

Re: functionality which is used for connecting to a node using SSH directly from NA

Hi.
Are you trying to connect using UI or from proxy? What error you have? Check if the device has ssh enable for device access under device-edit - device access settings.
tanish
Honored Contributor.

Re: functionality which is used for connecting to a node using SSH directly from NA

I am trying to access the device from NA GUI. IN device edit i can see the telnet or ssh is enabled for connection.sc.jpg

tanish
Honored Contributor.
Solution

HI,

issue resolved after adding HPNA servers to the java console  Exception site list.

JesseSmith
Regular Contributor.

I had tried that, but my SSH window is still blank...I even added the address from the SSH windows as well.

Could there be anything else for me to check?

Jeniffer B
Contributor.

Which browser are you using?

The NA Applet does not work in browsers (such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) that do not support Java applets

As Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have disabled Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface (NPAPI), Java applets no longer work in these browsers.

JesseSmith
Regular Contributor.

Hi Jennifer,

My appologies for the late response.  I have tried the following browsers:

Google Chrome - Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox - 55.0.3 (32-bit)

Internet Explorer 11 - Version: 11.0.9600.18762

Now on accident, I discovered that I can ssh to the NA server and from there connect to the target device.  After I log out, I can see the session from the Device homepage after clicking on View and selecting Telnet/SSH Sessions.  Knowing that, I do not need to run the Java applet anymore, but for a while, it frustrated me not knowing why I could not run this feature.

Thanks for the reply

Jesse