Network Management / (OpenView-NNM) Practitioners Forum
cancel

NNMi push to UCMDB for topology integration

Regular Contributor. MJ_Scoggins
Regular Contributor.

NNMi push to UCMDB for topology integration

I'm attempting to configure topology integration from NNMi 10 to UCMDB using the push method. The documentation directs me to the NNMi console, Integration Module Configuration > HP UCMDB form. I don't have this form in the list. Do I need to install something (e.g., agent, connector, etc.)?

5 REPLIES
Acclaimed Contributor.. AndyKemp
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NNMi push to UCMDB for topology integration

What is your licencing ?   Integrations require at least Advanced I believe.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
Regular Contributor.

Andy,

I'm confidant this is not a licensing issue. When I lik at integrations config on NNMi I find HPE NNMi - HPE BSM/UCMDB Topology Integration Configuration. A different title is used in all the documentation and some of the fields referanced are not available. 

Thanks,

Michele

Acclaimed Contributor. ramesh9
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

You need to use HPE NNMi - HPE BSM/UCMDB Topology Integration Configuration form.

Regular Contributor.

The good news is that that's the form I'm using. The bad news is that it's not working. The UCMDB Admin told me to use port 8443, but I found documentation for UCMDB that explains port 8443 is listening for https connectiion requests and port 8444 is listening for https connections with client authentication support.

Since the integration connection requires the NNMi system to log into UCMDB, should we be using port 8444 instead? As long as no defaults have been changed.

Thanks!

Acclaimed Contributor. ramesh9
Acclaimed Contributor.

Dear

This was not working with HTTPS integration for us, finally we did the integration on UCMDB HTTP port. Please note you need to enable UCMDB to run on HTTP for this to work.