News & Events
cancel

Introducing Community Badges

Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

We are very excited to introduce badges to the Software and Protect724 Communities. Badges are a fun way to recognize and reward your contributions to the Communities.

Starting 2018, in phase 1, our community members will earn badges for submitting new posts, responses or accepted solutions, and giving and earing Kudos. Soon we’ll launch phase 2 and you can expect to see more new badges rolled-out, rewarding you for activities such as contributing ideas or starting a conversation and posting a new topic during an Online Expert Day. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements!

All these activities on the Community will be automatically calculated and you will be rewarded badges as you continue to participate in the Community. Badges earned will be prominently displayed on your profile page for other members to see the contributions you make to the community.

Of course, all badges are retroactive, i.e. for current Community members, all past activities will be accounted for in badges.

First badges introduced

- Submitting posts

This badge is earned based on the number of times you submit a post. For this and all other activities listed below, you can earn different levels of badges, depending on the number of times. Below examples of badges and which number they represent. 

3 (2).png

- Replying to posts

This badge is earned based on the number of times you reply to a post.

5 (2).png

- Kudos given/Kudos received

This badge is earned based on the number of times you have given or received a Kudo!7 (2).png

- given

7 (3).png

- received

- Solutions accepted

This badge is earned based on the number of times your replies have been accepted as a solution!

7 (4).png

How will they appear on your profile?

With the introduction of our set of badges, the most recently earned badges are displaying on your profile page, your latest one first. All badges you have earned-to-date, as well as others you have not yet earned, will be displayed when you click the arrow next to your latest badges earned. Some badges that are not relevant to all will only appear once you have earned them.

2 (2).png

Earned badges will show the badge icon, title, date earned and how many members have unlocked the badge. Simply hover over a badge, and the description for that badge will display.

badges (2).png

How will I know when I earn a badge?

You will be notified automatically via email to congratulate you on earning a new badge. Remember, you can change the frequency of these (and other) notifications, by navigating to your settings under 'My Subscriptions', then to 'Notification Settings'. 

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thank you for participating in the Communities!

5 REPLIES
Wodisch Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Introducing Community Badges

Hi Community Home Admins,

These badges are a very nice flavour of gamification.

From what we have seen with the famous ITRC Forums, an absolute number/level per person was less activating than the monthly statistics we came up with. Most of us are competitive, so a periodic reminder did improve both the number and the quality of the postings.

There were even a lot of responses to Dan's monthly posting about the forums itself. 

All that helped a lot to build that community, then, and I believe it would work here, too.

Good luck to the Community Home, and thus to all of us!

Just my cents,

Wodisch

PS: I wanted to give kudos to the starter posting of this thread, but was not able to. Maybe trying this using a tablet is the reason?

Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

> PS: I wanted to give kudos to the starter posting of this thread, but was not able to.

What happened?  I see a grayed out thumbs up that you can click on.

Wodisch Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Dennis,

now the kudos button worked - do not ask me, why it did not work in the first place...

Kind regards,

Wodisch

Community Manager winkra Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestions, Wodisch. We will adding more badges in the future as well as friendly reminders about them. If you have any other suggestions or feedback, we always welcome them!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is the max limit to the badges ranking 100? I had a look at the badges in my profile and noticed some badges stopped at 100 mark in 2017.