Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Super Contributor.. bharat_karkera Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

381-383 port required by OBA 3.02 for OA performance data

Hi Team,

As per the port mapping document of OBA 3.02 Port 381,382,383 are required for OA  performance data of managed nodes. Can you please help us to know the requirment of all this three ports in OBA. and do we require uni-direction or bidirectional for same.

Regards,

Bharat

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: 381-383 port required by OBA 3.02 for OA performance data

I have not personally tested this, perhaps others have. However, if you refer to the OBA doc https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Analytics:3.04/Install/pre-install/port-mapping then you will note it says 381 is supposed to be open from the OBA app server and collectors to monitored OA systems, and then 381 thru 383 is supposed to be open bidirectionally between OBA hosts. I recommend you start with that and if you encounter issues then either try opening more ports or file a Support call.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. bharat_karkera Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Dougg,

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you please help us know the purpose of the ports 381, 382, 383.

As checked in 3.04 document 381 and 382 ports are not mentioned. Do we rquire these port to be open for OBA 3.02 version.

Regards,

Bharat

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Bharat: There was a typo in my first reply, the OBA doc https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Bridge_Analytics:3.04/Install/pre-install/port-mapping says that 383 (not 381, I am sorry) is supposed to be open from the OBA app server and collectors to monitored OA systems, and then 381 thru 383 is supposed to be open bidirectionally between OBA hosts. I do not know why 381 and 382 are documented to be needed between OBA Collectors and app server in addition to 383, but the OBA systems themselves should be colocated anyways, hopefully not separated by any firewall.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.