Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE

Event Supression based on timeframe is missing in OMi - Equavalent to outage Policy in OML

Event Supression based on timeframe is missing in OMi - Equavalent to outage Policy in OML

Please add event filter to the downtimemanagement rule. Currently in OMi there is no way to supress different evnets from a server at different time. You have to write a custom EPC script to achive this.

Example use case

Supress only  title=test_ignore1  from server 1 at 7:00PM to 7:10PM monday through Friday

Supress only title=test_ignore3   from server 1 at 7:00PM to 7:10PM monday through Friday

Supress only title=test_ignore4 & test_ignore5   from server 1 & server 3  at 8:00PM to 8:10PM monday through Friday

The above are uses cases in OML and we have around 100's outage policy rule. But there is equavalent supression rule in OMi/OBM.

I have a ticket opened with Microfocus and they finally ask me to write a EPC script. This is not a good idea to write EPC scripts for 500's of outage rule we have,.

This can be easily achived if event filter can be used in the downtime management.  But currently only CI's can be used in downtime management.

5 Comments
jsabin Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

What I am trying to say OMi doesn't support timebased supression with event attribute filters. This is supported in OML with outage policy.  Basically here  are is my use case

Supress only  title=test_ignore1  from server 1 at 7:00PM to 7:10PM monday through Friday

Supress only title=test_ignore3   from server 1 at 8:00PM to 8:10PM monday through Friday

Supress only title=test_ignore4 & test_ignore5   from server 1 & server 3  at 8:20PM to 8:30PM monday through Friday

Supress only  title=test_ignore2  from server 2 at 7:00PM to 7:10PM monday through Friday

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can achive this by OMi Event Supression rule. you can put time created condition with before and after into supression event filter. <attached example of it>.SuppressionFilter.JPG

Trusted Contributor.

@simut_kumar

You suggetion will only  ignore the alarms on the particular date you specified. I need this to supress daily..  Microfocus Lab Engineers & R&D already suggested this is not possible im OMi.  They are the one who asked me to create an idea_exchange.  I need all your vote to make this happen guys.  This is a simple supression rule that is available in OML through outage and it is not available in OMi. I would say a big miss from a modern tool like OMi.

Supress only  title=test_ignore1  from server 1 at 7:00PM to 7:10PM monday through friday

Supress only title=test_ignore3   from server 1 at 8:00PM to 8:10PM  monday through friday 

Supress only title=test_ignore4 & test_ignore5   from server 1 & server 3  at 8:20PM to 8:30PM  monday through friday 

Supress only  title=test_ignore2  from server 2 at 7:00PM to 7:10PM  monday through friday 

Trusted Contributor.

A cahnge request has been created for this one.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM01417931

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.