Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE

OBM Welcome page to choose Admin or Workspace after Login : Reduce unwanted UI loading

OBM Welcome page to choose Admin or Workspace after Login : Reduce unwanted UI loading

As an OBM user, I have faced this many times. Also i have seen other people having the same kind off frustation with OBM, especially when the admin team want to go for some admin task, but after the login they have to wait for all dashboards to load (which might be previously loaded on last login).

Unlike BSM, it do not have fixed welcome page once we login. It was much convenient because we can choose whether we need to do some admin task, or some dashboard task or event browser to check some events. But in case of OBM, i need to login and wait for all the dashboards to load before i can select the administration section.

I understand that we can have seperate URL to open in a different TAB. But from a end user perspective or UI perspective, Its much convinient to have a choice before i can enter. Also from a UI level and resource level, i can see having a 10 dashboards and loading all of them just to choose administration page doesn't sound good.

Work around : currently we use seperate URL for each task ( for event browser we use : https://omiserver/opr-console/opr-evt-browser , For Management packs we use another URL).

I know this is not a big thing, But such little user things really matters and will increase the user satisfaction.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi,

While i understand the ask, i would like to mention that you don't have to wait to get to admin menu until all the workspace pages load. As soon as you login, you can click on Admin drop down and select the relevant option.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Mgoyal  Thank you for the reply, You are right in the case of Administrator console ( Its more like a workaround , where we just ignore all those bacgkround job started just to go to administration console). But normally people thinks that Omi need to be loaded and it takes quiet long time to load everything. If we have 10 workspace dashboards open ( users do not close it before they logout ). On next login it takes a lot of time to load event browser alone. Where as if we use https://omiserver/opr-console/opr-evt-browser  to load event browser directly, its really fast and more convenient to work with.

So my point is solely to user satisfaction level where our OBM always have a slow starting or loading time. Lets compare it with BSM which had a very detailed welcome page where it really showcase all the capabilities of the tool, and whichever is my area i can just choose to only access it. It also provided an option if i wanted Dashboards (360 view, watch list , topview etc) to be loaded as the welcome page. So as a user i had option to choose.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.