Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE

OMi / OBM version that does no longer need Adobe Flash Player

OMi / OBM version that does no longer need Adobe Flash Player

Due to security policies, we are no longer allowed to use Flash Player and corresponding browser plugins starting May 2019.

Therefore we need an OMi / OBM version that does no longer need Flash Player as client-side prerequisite before this deadline (May 2019).

9 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

This is in the plans but the timeline is yet to be worked out. Will update as soon as have more information.

Thanks & Regards,

OpsBridge IdeaX Moderator

Respected Contributor.. GregArmstrong Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

As we become more and more security focused and need to reduce our foot-print, Flash cannot continue to be part of the solution.  HTML 5.0 I thought was going to resolve this?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

yes, we are looking into it. Some of the operational UIs have been converted to HTML5 but there are still some gaps that need to be addressed.

Thanks & Regards,

Moderator, OpsB IdeaX

andreask Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
This is a top request of my customer since 10.0x, and since then even the html eventbrowser isnt enterprise ready yet. so i wont get expectation high. My personal guess is as long there is still one browser that supports flash there will be no change as there is still a usable UI. But lets see.
Frequent Contributor.. Aarnink Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

I have raised a ticket for this months ago as well and got confirmation that this would be fixed. However no timelines are available as of yet it seems and questions on this are not answered anymore.

edwardmartin755
New Member.

I have recently updated the flash player in my system which has created a problem that is not allowing me to play content in my web browser. I have tried updating the software but there is no fix for the problem.

Best VPN Routers

Valued Contributor.. kjobear Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

I too would like to know when OMI will not be considered a security vulnerability at my company.

Mel Farber Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I too am concerned that my customer may view the flash player a vulnerability.  I would like the fix to ba a patch.  I don't want to have to upgrade to 2018.11 or 2019.05 or whatever the next release will be.  I've seen too many issues raised to upgrade to 2018.11 to want to take the risk.

jjollymgm
Frequent Visitor.

Flash Player is not comming with Microsoft windows 10 suite.

Our Company delivers a standard Windows 10 master.

Addons required for APM software, is something not so much appreciated, when we speak about 50 000 workstations, for only 250 APM users.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.