NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Operations Bridge Idea Exchange
cancel

Provide a Search field in HTML5 Event Browser

Briefly describe your idea
Would like to have a search field tp help find specific events

Why is this important, when it would it be used
We can have a few thousand events in the event browser (even using filters). A search field would help find specific events

If you were designing the solution, how would  you do it?

5 Comments
Outstanding Contributor...
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Super Contributor...

Good idea.. we have that in the Flash component of the event browser, but not yet in the HTML 5 component.

Honored Contributor...

I checked in 10.60 there seem to have in top right of Event Browser a search button in yellow that takes regular Expression:

For e.g." I was looking for events with agent version in title: (like 12.03.003) in the title I used:    \d{2}\.\d{2}\.\d{3}

RegEx in the Search Events field can be enabled or disabled by clicking [.*]

when enabled you can search for multiple strings at once by using the pipe symbol (|): bottleneck|problem|error...

HTH\tarif

Honored Contributor...

I believe its missing the sevierity filter also i guess (not sure though) , I mean if we want to see only critical alerts in flash component we just need to click on the red. But here is not possible. (10.63 it is not)

Outstanding Contributor...
Status changed to: Under Consideration