Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
Trusted Contributor.. amit11 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Alert from SAP MP

Hello Experts , 

I have set up SAP MP in my OMi setup. 

I am reciving lot of alerts with Below Text. Any Idead what does this mean and how to remove/supress them 

SAPOPC: file=dev_icm line=53020 msg=[Thr 140736870557440] *** ERROR => NiHLGetNodeAddr: NiPGetHostByName failed (rc=-1) [nixxhl.cpp 279]
nr=45 host=barsmd01x name=SMD rel=XX instance=DEV45 dbname=XX dbhost=XX monitor=r3mondev

Regards 

Amit 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Alert from SAP MP

MPs don't generate any alerts, they generate events.

An event is supposed to contain info on which policy and condition triggered it. So this is how you can know what caused the event, so that you can modify the policy/condition accordingly.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. amit11 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Dmitry, 

Event is coming from OPCMSG so it it getting difficult for me to identify root cause of alert.

Regards

Amit 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Amit,

We are working on a new initiative can we connect on your SAP monitoring experience?

-
Michael Procopio
LinkedIn.com/in/Michael Procopio
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.