The community has a new login process
The community single sign-on system has been changed. Learn more about it HERE
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. sanitin Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

RTSM TQL to query nodes starting with specific letters. Does any one used such tql ?

I am trying to create dynaminc models for Dev and QA server so that nodes could be added automatically in the respective model on the basis of sarting 3 letters- example nodes starting with "vdw" should be added to Dev Model, similarly nodes starting with "vpl" should be added to Prod model.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Edward_C_OMi1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: RTSM TQL to query nodes starting with specific letters. Does any one used such tql ?

Hello,

Can you provide more details on how are you doing this, screenshots would help a lot.

Regards,

Edward Campos Monge.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Chris_Workman Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: RTSM TQL to query nodes starting with specific letters. Does any one used such tql ?

If I understand your question correctly, you want to build a model that would create a CI Collection that will be automatically populated with CIs that start with the same three letters (vdw for example). We have utilized a similar method, and have had success. To make a new one I would do the following:
1. In Administration > RTSM Administration > Modeling > Modeling Studio select New Pattern Based Model.
2. When the Pattern Based Model Wizard opens select New Model, CI Collection, provide a name for the new CI Collection and select next.
3. At the query selection page select Create New Query and finish.
4. In the query builder add a node to your query and right click on it to navigate to Query Node Properties.
5. When the Query Node Properties window appears add a new criteria under the Attributes tab.
6. Attribute Name: Name, Operator: like ignore case (use %), Paramerterized: no, value: vdw%
7. click ok
8. right click the node to add to model output.
9. Save the new model.

This has worked for us in the past. I hope this helps.

Frequent Contributor.. sanitin Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Even I tired this in past but it does pick all nodes having "vdw" in the name be it in middle , end or starting.

0 Likes
Chris_Workman Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

If the wildcard '%' is only at the end, such as vdw%, it should only find CIs that have vdw at the beginning.  If you put the wildcard on both sides, such as %vdw%, it will find vdw at any position within the name.  Testing on my system confirms this for me.  I hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor.. Kia_Saunders Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

You can try using [<first letter> - <second letter>]. I.e. [a-f]% means words that start a though f.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.