Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Operations Manager i Practitioners Forum
cancel

Dashboard with fixed performance graphs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ryan Ferreri
Super Contributor.

Dashboard with fixed performance graphs

Is there a way to create a fixed dashboard with the "CI Compare Overview Stats" content in Performance Perspective, but with the same servers selected every time you open it up? I would like to have a dashboard that application owners can click on that shows their application server performance everytime they view the dashboard without having to click individual servers and then select a predefined graph.

8 REPLIES
KAKA_2
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Dashboard with fixed performance graphs

Yes. follow below steps.

1) from performance perspective select all the CI you are interested in and then draw a CI Compare Overview Stats graph.

2) then click on first chart (should be CPU usage........) and then click on share button.

3) on share page, deselect "current chart only" and then copy the URL, close and exit from performance graph.

4) create a new component using this URL.

5) then create a new page using this newly created component.

HTH
-KAKA-

ramesh9
Acclaimed Contributor.

Dear Kaka

I do not understand what do you mean by,

then copy the URL, close and exit from performance graph

Also, how to create new component using the URL, can you share docs or links please.

KAKA_2
Acclaimed Contributor.

Small correction:

then copy the URL, close and exit from performance graph -> then copy the URL, close and exit from performance Perspective. (important is that you copy the URL)

Also, how to create new component using the URL, can you share docs or links please.

>>>>> When you are on new page, on right hand corner you should find an icon for component gallery. when you click on it, you will see all available components as well as possibility to create a new custom component.

I don't know where this is documented but this is how i achieved for one of my requirement.

HTH

-KAKA-

Rupeshkesavan
Honored Contributor.

This looks promising. Let me clarify one more question. Does it automatically refresh like OVPM graphs ?  

Highlighted
KAKA_2
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Rupeshkesavan - Yes. it does but for that make sure when you draw the graph as mentioned in step 1, click on configure dashboard and change auto refresh value from none to minimum 5 minute and then copy the URL.

HTH
-KAKA-

Rupeshkesavan
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Kaka for the clarificaiton. Let me try out and let you know the feedback.

You deserver more Kudos but i have option to give only one.

Regards

Rupesh

Rupeshkesavan
Honored Contributor.

It worked as expected and i was able to embed multiple graphs to Dashboard page.

Thank you so much for the help.

KAKA_2
Acclaimed Contributor.

Glad to hear that it worked for you. -KAKA-