Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Operations Orchestration Practitioners Forum
cancel

OO 10.70 trigger SQL command against MySQL database

Highlighted
Giulio Soleni
Super Contributor.

OO 10.70 trigger SQL command against MySQL database

Hello,
for testing purposes I am trying to run some SQL command against a MySQL db.

Looking at the specifics descriptions on Library/Operations/Databases/JDBC folder of Base CP I defined the following folder on my Studio installation path:
D:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\HPE Operations Orchestration\studio\lib\ext\com.hp.oo_oo-sql-legacy-plugin\

and I put the mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar driver within the new created folder.

Then I specified the following inputs on my SQL Command step:
DBServerName: fqdn.of.mySql.server
DbType: MySQL
Username: mydbUser
Password: mydbPassword
DBPort: 3306
Database: myDbName
dbClass: mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar
dbURL: jdbc:mysql://fqdn.of.mySql.server3306/myDbName
Command: my SQL Select command

However I keep getting an error:
exception=java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.databases.MySqlDatabase.setUp(MySqlDatabase.java:21)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.ConnectionService.setUpConnection(ConnectionService.java:81)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.services.SQLCommandService.executeSqlCommand(SQLCommandService.java:24)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.SQLCommand.execute(SQLCommand.java:64)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.hp.oo.sdk.plugins.abstracts.BaseActionPlugin.execute(BaseActionPlugin.java:53)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.executePlugin(PluginAdapterImpl.java:328)
at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.execute(PluginAdapterImpl.java:248)
at com.hp.oo.execution.control.actions.contentexecution.ContentExecutionActions.executeContentAction(ContentExecutionActions.java:97)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor754.invoke(Unknown Source)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.reflection.ReflectionAdapterImpl.executeControlAction(ReflectionAdapterImpl.java:62)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeStep(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:326)
at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.execute(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:80)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.executeRegularStep(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:167)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.run(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:120)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.WorkerThreadFactory$1.run(WorkerThreadFactory.java:33)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

What should I do... maybe set different values for dbClass and/or dbURL ?

any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Giulio

2 REPLIES
AndreiTruta
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OO 10.70 trigger SQL command against MySQL database

You seem to follow the right specifications.

You might provide some screenshots so we take a look and make sure you did not include something odd there.

Also, did you try by any chance to specify the version too and see if it works?

Andrei Vasile Truta
Giulio Soleni
Super Contributor.

Re: OO 10.70 trigger SQL command against MySQL database

My fault... I just forgot to restart ALL the services: RAS, Central and Studio too.

After a full restart, everything went fine.