Performance Center User Discussions
cancel

Performance Center Reports are appearing as blank in Jenkins console on left hand side

Valued Contributor.. XU Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Performance Center Reports are appearing as blank in Jenkins console on left hand side

Hi 

I have integrated PC 12.55 with jenkins 2.107.3 and it is working fine. The only issue is blank report is getting generated on left hand side of jenkins bar.

I would appreciate if you can share your experience on this or provide some direction to work on.

Jenkin version:- 2.107.3

Microfocus Automation Plugin: 5.3

Pipeline Job:-

stage('RunPCTESTS'){ // The stage name

node('master'){ //  The name of the node in which to run the test.

def perfResultPath

def currentBuildNo = env.BUILD_NUMBER

println currentBuildNo

pcBuild HTTPSProtocol: false, addRunToTrendReport: 'NO_TREND', almDomain: 'DEFAULT', almPassword: 'xxxxx', almProject: 'Test', almUserName: 'temp1', autoTestInstanceID: 'MANUAL', description: '', pcServerName: 'nclpwnqwebxxxxx.cmp.aon.net', postRunAction: 'COLLATE_AND_ANALYZE', proxyOutPassword: '', proxyOutURL: '', proxyOutUser: '', serverAndPort: 'http://localhost:8080', statusBySLA: false, testId: '46', testInstanceId: '24', timeslotDurationHours: '0', timeslotDurationMinutes: '30', trendReportId: '', vudsMode: false

perfResultPath= 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Jenkins\\jobs\\RAF_PT_Pipeline\\builds\\'+currentBuildNo+'\\archive\\performanceTestsReports\\pcRun'

println perfResultPath

publishHTML([allowMissing: false, alwaysLinkToLastBuild: false, keepAll: true, reportDir: '', reportFiles: perfResultPath+'\\Report.html', reportName: 'Performance Report', reportTitles: 'HTML Performance Report'])

}

}

13 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Performance Center Reports are appearing as blank in Jenkins console on left hand side

Hi,

Do you refer to the LoadRunner HTML report that is being downloaded to be seen in Jenkins? If so, I believe the issue happens because Jenkins has a policy that prevents running JavaScript in files attached to it.  You will typically this error in the browser console: 

Blocked script execution in 'http://...' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set

Check this link to see how to "relax" Jenkins rules in order to avoid this issue.

Regards,
Shlomi

Valued Contributor..

Re: Performance Center Reports are appearing as blank in Jenkins console on left hand side

Thanks Shlomi for your response !

I am not getting any error in console and also I have already followed the steps related to content headers policy, but that also did not work.

Regards

Mukesh

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mukesh,

Please open a support ticket. I would like the formal process to start while we try to find a resolution in this post.

I will ask relevant subject matter experts to comment on this post tomorrow.

Regards,
Shlomi

Valued Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi,

I have opened a ticket SD02279244 with Microfocus support team.

Appreciate your help on this as well.

Regards

Mukesh

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Mukesh,

Just to make sure we understand you correctly, please try the following:

-Download to your machine the analysis reports from the workspace of the Jenkins job build (the html file and its related folder).

-Try to open the downloaded report localy from your browser.

If it is blank, this probably means that the Performance Center plugin didn't properly download the report from Performance Center project.

If it is not blank, this probably means that Jenkins is set with security preventing displaying content used in the PC analysis reports and for this, perhaps the following may help:

-Go to the Jenkins home page.
-Navigate to "Manage Jenkins" -> "Script Console".
-In the console, paste below statement and click on Run: System.setProperty("hudson.model.DirectoryBrowserSupport.CSP", "")

After this, opening the report from Jenkins should be allowed.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Valued Contributor..

Thanks Daniel  !

I have already applied these steps. The problem is that we can view the report from the links generated in console logs. however we have created a link with following code to get pubish on left hand side bar (where build now, configure etc options are there). When we access the report from this link it shows the blank page.

code used is :- 

def perfResultPath

def currentBuildNo = env.BUILD_NUMBER

println currentBuildNo

perfResultPath= 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Jenkins\\jobs\\RAF_PT_Pipeline\\builds\\'+currentBuildNo+'\\archive\\performanceTestsReports\\pcRun'

println perfResultPath

publishHTML([allowMissing: false, alwaysLinkToLastBuild: false, keepAll: true, reportDir: '', reportFiles: perfResultPath+'\\Report.html', reportName: 'Performance Report', reportTitles: 'HTML Performance Report'])

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mukesh,

We will continue handling that in the support ticket you opened it.

Regards,
Shlomi

Valued Contributor..

Thanks Shalomi !

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mukesh,

From what I understood you are trying to use a 3rd party plugin for showing the HTML report on the left menu. Right?

What happens if you do not use that 3rd party? Will the HTML report appear correctly?

Regards,
Shlomi

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Mukesh,

The HTML Publisher Plugin requires you to give a path to an html file relative to the workspace (which is on slave, observation: the reports are saved on master only). Indeed, the build passes when you give an absolute path but the html report is empty. We will add a button to display the reports in a future release.

Regards,

Rolando.

Valued Contributor..

Yes Shlomi, normally reports open perfectly. However I have requirement to show the report on left hand side menu for easy reference (with the same approach we can publish the reports for Cocumber, nunit etc...). Now for performance center we have to navigate to the console output to see the result files.

Valued Contributor..

Hi Rolando

Thanks for your response, however I tried it on master machine as well where Jenkin's installed and it is same behavior there, it showing blank report.

Regards

Mukesh

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mukesh,

I suggest changing the support ticket to an enhancement request.

We will address it as soon as we can.

Regards,
Shlomi

Top Contributors Last 30 Days