NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Performance Center User Discussions
cancel

"Failed to get Instance ID:0"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JohnGregg Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

"Failed to get Instance ID:0"

All,

I'm using the REST API of 12.55 to try to start a test.

This is my input:

{"Run": {
    "PostRunAction":"Do Not Collate",
    "TestID":"6073",
"TestInstanceID":"1438",
    "TimeslotDuration":{
        "Hours":"0",
        "Minutes":"30"
    },
    "VudsMode":"false"
    }
}

The response:

{"ExceptionMessage":"Failed to get Instance ID:0 verify the Instance ID exists.","ErrorCode":1314}

As you can see, the test instance id is not 0 in the request.  The test id and test instance id both exist in this project and are associated with each other.

I also get the same response with other values.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Re: "Failed to get Instance ID:0"

Hi John,

I suggest using XML format instead of JSON. If JSON is important for you we can explore whether the issue you experience can be worked around.

Regards,
Shlomi

5 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Solution

Hi John,

I suggest using XML format instead of JSON. If JSON is important for you we can explore whether the issue you experience can be worked around.

Regards,
Shlomi

Respected Contributor.

That worked.  Sounds like there is a bug that needs to get addressed.

Thank you

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I am glad to hear.

Actually, it is not a bug since we didn't design the API to support JSON requests yet. Again, we can do so in case it is important. I would suggest opening an enhancement request and it will be prioritized to be addressed in future releases.

Regards,
Shlomi

Respected Contributor.

Then you need to update the documentation, because it clearly states that JSON is supported:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/pc/en/12.55/api_refs/Performance_Center_REST_API/Performance_Center_REST_API.htm#start_test_run.htm%3FTocPath%3DResources%7C_____11

Other resources work fine with JSON.

thanks

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for the follow. I will ensure it is addressed.

Regards,
Shlomi