Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
ShivB Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Feedback on Virtual User Generator 12.60: Running a Vuser as a Process or Thread

I am not able to find this information anywhere about vusers using thread setting. Checked this page and loadrunner options but can’t find the miscellaneous option. I am using v12.55 and v12.60 community edition with Truclient. so, I wrote to document team for help here on website thinking it was documentation issue.

Their Reply>it does not exist for every protocol – for example, TruClient does not have this option. If you feel this option should be added for TruClient, you are invited to submit an enhancement request.

Question: How do you calculate if you are able to run only 5 users on your machine and project for 50 Vusers. I have limitation of hardware resource and get out of memory when I go till 7 Vusers. Please help!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Ameet123 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Feedback on Virtual User Generator 12.60: Running a Vuser as a Process or Thread

Its really very hard to tell homw much load a load generators will take before it crashes. it purely depends on the hardware configurations. A rough estimates can be taken by below analysis :

Web protocol: 2MB memory required to execute 1 user
CITRIX protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user
AJAX protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user
SAP GUI protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user
Any other GUI protocol: 10 MB memory required to execute 1 user

But this would not always hold true as this is a rough estimates.

Also, you must use the Load generators as a "process" for GUI application (like SAP, Citrix) and run others as "thread/services". Only constrain with using the agent as Process is it uses too much of resources, hence you must have a poweful hardware.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.