Do you have feedback on our new interface?
Do you have feedback on our new interface? Let us know HERE
ShravanK Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Actual Effort showing huge amount for position

Hello Everyone,

We have one staffing profile where we have actual effort for one of the position given for couple of weeks
(Enclosed the screenshot with name "Actual Effort_BEFORE" depicts).

And after few days, wen Project manager goes and changes the forecast values,
actual effort value suddenly changed to some huge amount and we are not sure where this vale came from.

Enclosed is the second screenshot with name "Actual Effort_AFTER" with the huge amount values.

Can anyone please let me know what causes this to happen.

Why the actual effort was changed when we changed forecast.

Best Regards,
Shravan

0 Likes
4 Replies
Super Contributor.

Re: Actual Effort showing huge amount for position

Attaching the 2 before and after screenshots.

Can anyone please let me know what could be the issue.

0 Likes
MIF Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Shravan,

What is your version? Because it strongly seems to be a bug.

--Remember to give Kudos if you like the solution.

Murat Akbar
MIF Software & Consultancy - Istanbul
http://www.mif.com.tr
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The only explanation I can think of for such behavior is - user error. 

Clearly in your before and after screen there were changes to the Committed and Demand by the project manager. 

It could be that PM accidently changed the Assignments to be in FTE instead of hours and went ahead to put demand in hours, only later realised and changed it... Not sure... 

I can easily change my assignment to FTE and put in hours e.g. instead of doing 1 FTE for November, i say 168 FTE for november and when i change the FTE to hours, it bumps up my hours..... 

Not sure though.

See what MF support has to say, if it is not user error, then probably a bug. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Yes. Users have been updated forecast only, but strangely actual effort has been updated.

I guess , it looks like those are calculated in terms of FTE, but page was srill be displaying as Hours mode only.

How come the calculation was done in FTE and that too for actualeffort when no one touched the actual effort.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.