Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Branding your instance - logon.jsp change in SP 8

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dana G Smith
Valued Contributor.

Branding your instance - logon.jsp change in SP 8

In our development server, I had changed the color of the signon screen from blue (003366) to Maroon (A31212) to distiquish between servers. Since applying Vs 7.1 SP 8 on our development server, the change was overlaid. I re-applied the change, but the signon screen was not effected. I have recompiled the jsp, I have rebooted server, I have cleared cache and rebooted my pc. Is there another instance of a logon.jsp besides /server/kintana/deploy/itg.war/web/knta/global ????
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Branding your instance - logon.jsp change in SP 8

Hi.
looks like you did everything necessary to re apply the color change. Did you use a script to apply the changes in all files? The login screen consist of these files:
Logon.jsp
LogonContent.jsp
LogonError.jsp
LogonStyleLayout.jsp
(Logout.jsp)
We did the same to distinguish our instances with a script, recompiled, cleared caches and now we have a bright green dev instance.
Regards
Sascha
Dana G Smith
Valued Contributor.

I did this manually with search/replace. Would you mind sharing your script? Thanks.
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Ok, in the shell script there are three locations where a color code is searched an then replaced. replace them with your color codes then run the script (preferably on a test instance first), recompile, clear caches (server and local).
Finally you may want to change some gifs too.
Regards
Sascha
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

We have many customizations as well.

We handle this by checking all of our custom JSPs into version control. Then when we apply a new SP, we will take the out of the box JSP and merge our customized changes in. Then we reapply the JSP to the PPM installation.

This ends up being a bit of a hassle but it is not too bad. And it allows us to keep the custom branding that our users have become so accustom to.
Highlighted
Dana G Smith
Valued Contributor.

Thank you. I did also have to change:

CorporateBrand.gif and CorporateImage.jpg

I'll use the script on our Dev box and see if I can get the logon screen back to red.

Thanks for the input and the script.
Dana G Smith
Valued Contributor.

Closing discussion