NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Project and Portfolio Management User Discussions
cancel

Communication between Project Manager and Resource Pool Manager related to Staffing profile position

ShravanK Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Communication between Project Manager and Resource Pool Manager related to Staffing profile position

Hi Everyone,

We had a requirement where users are requesting for communication capability between the Project Manager and resource pool manager within the PPM tool.

We tried to add a user data field in the position page but could only allow access to update by project manager.

The resource pool manager can view it but cannot add any further details in that user data field.

We tried to check the Notes field within the staffing profile page to utilize for this purpose but if there are many positions,it would become very difficult to check that notes field for which position it relates to.

Can anyone have any idea or any workaround how resource pool and project manager communicate for any changes related to positions.

We dont want to PMs and resource pool managers to communicate through regular emails but would like to see if there is any workaround in PPM.

pages.

Best Regards,
Shravan

1 REPLY
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor Wesly_Q_PPM Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Communication between Project Manager and Resource Pool Manager related to Staffing profile posi

Hello Shravank,

My name is Wesly Quesada 

I was searching in PPM documentation and I did not find anything about to communicate PM with Resource Pool Manager.

If you have any guide where be mentioned this functionaly please let me know.

Now, my recomendation is to contact PSO and ask if it is possible, this is because it will be a customization in PPM Tool.

Best Regards