cancel

Difference between server.conf and parameters in Admin console

SOLVED
Go to solution
ShravanK Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Difference between server.conf and parameters in Admin console

Hi Everyone,

We have commented one of the parameter SERVICES_ENABLED in server.conf file for testing and we did kUpdateHtml and restarted
server.

But when we check the same in Admin console, it is still showing as TRUE and comment was not reflected it seems.

And I observed that some default parameters are not available in server.conf file and they are in amin console.

Can we assume that if those are available in admin console, it is not required to include agin in server.conf file. Please anyone confirm.

Best Regards,

Shravan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amishra  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..
Solution

Re: Difference between server.conf and parameters in Admin console

Hi Shravan,

i would like to answer the second part of the question; yes that is the behavior if the default parameters are present in the admin console and is not present in server.conf then it is perfectly fine, you dont have to worry about it; similarly there will be some parameters (typically security parameters) that are present in the server.conf and are not displayed in admin console, 

With re to the first part of the question, technically the changes should reflect in the admin console if it has been changed in server.conf. Maybe check with Micro Focus. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
2 REPLIES
Amishra  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..
Solution

Hi Shravan,

i would like to answer the second part of the question; yes that is the behavior if the default parameters are present in the admin console and is not present in server.conf then it is perfectly fine, you dont have to worry about it; similarly there will be some parameters (typically security parameters) that are present in the server.conf and are not displayed in admin console, 

With re to the first part of the question, technically the changes should reflect in the admin console if it has been changed in server.conf. Maybe check with Micro Focus. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
Outstanding Contributor... Etienne_Canaud Outstanding Contributor...
Outstanding Contributor...

Hi,

Admin Console will only work as intended if you're using a shared server.conf while in clustered mode (it's properly documented as far as I can remember). If each PPM server node in your cluster has its own server.conf, all bets are off.

However, if you have a shared server.conf OR if you have a standalone PPM instance, then as Ajay wrote, server.conf and admin console configuration should be in sync - at least as of the last PPM server restart (server.conf changes are loaded on start and are not reloaded afterwards unless they are modified in the admin console, in which case changes are persisted in the shared server.conf and updated in all PPM nodes of the cluster).

If that is not the case, then it looks like a defect to me.

Thanks,

Etienne.