Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
shantikala15
Trusted Contributor.

How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

When moving file from PVCS version control system to unix server the file are corrupted.

How to copy file from window pvcs version control system to unix system using HP PPM deployment management tool

please help

4 REPLIES
Akif Saburi
Super Contributor.

Re: How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

Make sure you are using correct file type while doing FTP (ASCII/Binary).  Also make sure to run dos2unix command in the unix server after file is FTP'ed

shantikala15
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

Hi,

I am able to do ftp from windows server to unix machine.

And able to copy the files using ksc_copy_server_server.

But picking the correct format and content from PVCS is challening task for me.

If you have any idea on please let me know.i am attaching the scrrenshot when i open the file in pvcs server.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Akif Saburi
Super Contributor.

Quick question, is that error from source (PVCS) or destination ( UNIX ) server. If the file is corrupted at source itself, there is nothing PPM can do.

If the file is corrupted at destination, then look for a field called File Type in the object type. This controls the format.
shantikala15
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

Basically i am looking for the command to pick the file from versioning system(PVCS)