NOTICE: Branded Content
NOTICE: Certain versions of content (“Material”) accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.
Project and Portfolio Management User Discussions
cancel

Link tasks via predecessors

Highlighted
itsmesan78

Link tasks via predecessors

Guys

I have created work plan in HP PPM and trying to link task 1 and 2 with a predecessor FS with 0 lag.

For example

Task 1 - 10 days - 15 Sep - 28 Sep

Task 2 - 20 days - 15 Sep - 12 Oct (by default the start date is still showing as 15 Sep even though i have linked this to Task 1 with FS relationship). The status of this task is showing as pending predecessor

I believe, as we do in MS project, tast 2 should be automatically calculated to start from 1 Oct due to predecessor link but it's not changing automatically

Am i missing something here, please help/advice

Thanks

1 REPLY
MIF Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Link tasks via predecessors

Hi,

You should click schedule workplan button in the toolbar to make ppm plan appropriately.

Regards,

Murat Akbar
MIF Software & Consultancy - Istanbul
http://www.mif.com.tr