Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM tasks

Highlighted
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

PPM tasks

Hi,

Just want to know, what are the tasks are involved in maintaining PPM center. Is there any task related to development as a user by our company? Or we can raise such issues with HP and will get fixed in next release?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sam
6 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: PPM tasks

Sam,

I am not sure if you have any specific question related to PPM Maintenance.

As far as Demand Management is concerned, you might have a request type and workflow configured to be maintained, which involves activities like changing rule as per user need; creating and maintaining portlets and dashboard modules for different reporting based on requests created by business users; new request type and workflow definition.

User setup for access grants and for new users is a basic and assumed activity when it comes to any PPM Support Project.

Please give more clarification on your question, to be precise about tasks involved.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Hi Niraj,

Thanks for inputs.
BTW - what do you mean by rule? where I can find them? I am new to this PPM support and need to know - if we are hosting PPM servers, what kind of issues we might need to fix. Will there be any case where, as part of fix there will be deployment of wars/jars/xmls etc? or its just a pure configurational product?

Regards,
Sam
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Sam,

There are Rules associated to Field Change, which triggers on filed value change. For more details look PPM>>Product Information>>Library>>Configuration Document for Demand Management.

If you are hosting servers, then you would need to know basic stuff around checking on PPM service status within this server. Server restart, applying service packs from HP for your PPM version. There could be some changes within xmls or jsps depending on the requirements. Very less possibily for this though.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this.

Regards,
Niraj
Niraj P.
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Niraj.

For configuring PPM based on user's choice till what level one has to support? I mean, if user says I want X to be done. How can I find whether this is configurational or need to be fixed from HP? Where can we split this task, the boundary?

Thanks
Sam.

Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sam,
This is 99% Configuration Product, Till this day we have not deployed any War's or Jar's.

Almost everything can be done inside the Workbench and itself. For webservice we can use the tool-kit provided by HP. We can do some customizations in the JSP Code (Not supported by HP and also during every upgrade or applying service packs, the existing code will be over written)

If you ask specific Questions on implementation on case by case... I can answer you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Mahendra.

Got you. Can you please tell me where I can find the tool-kit for webservices you were mentioning?

Regards,
Sam.