Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Performance downgrade and essential tables have been splitted into two !!!

RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

Performance downgrade and essential tables have been splitted into two !!!

Hi,
We recently upgraded to PPM (8.04) from PPM(7.1).

While testing in the environment which is similar to our production environment, we are facing a lot of performance issues. We are currently using Oracle 10 as our DB.

We suspect the massive use of KCRT_REQUESTS_V in components like Validations, Rules, Data Sources, PL/SQL procedure and functions might be the reason for this performance downgrade.

We have detected also that essential tables like KCRT_REQUEST_TYPE and KCRT_REQUEST_STATUS , etc have become views (the same name) joining …_LOC and …_NLS tables.

Does anyone faced similar issues?

Can anyone explain why the tables have been splitted into two (for instances, KCRT_REQUEST_TYPE  has been splitted into KCRT_REQUEST_TYPE_LOC and KCRT_REQUEST_TYPE_NLS)?

Thanks,

Roopesh

3 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance downgrade and essential tables have been splitted into two !!!

Hi Roopesh,

I don't know why your performans problem, but I know _LOC and _NLS tables;  You know after 8.0 version PPM has been multilanguage, so you have a local texts and other language texts. Thus LOC mean local text, _NLS mean national texts.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, Roopesh,

Having a lot of validations using the KCRT_REQUESTS_V is not part of the problem, since PPM is heavily relying on Oracle caching mechanisms. Make sure that the CURSOR SHARING is set to SIMILAR.

On top of that, I would recommend you to:

- make sure you are using only supported 3rd party SW (OS, RDBMS, java);

- make sure all objects (including indexes) are valid;

- make sure DB Statistics are collected;

- run AWR reports on the database to understand if the problem is in the DB;

- run OS monitoring tools to understand if the problem is in the DB.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Pogonchev
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Do you have services isolation (services dedicated nodes)?

I would recommend you also to upgrade Oracle to 11.2.0.2.0, it has a lot of improvements around performance.

Regards,

Nikola

HPE Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.