Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Request copy problem

Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Request copy problem

When using following command to copy request:
ksc_copy_request FROM_REQUEST_ID="[TEMP_REQFROM]" REQUEST_TYPE_ID="[TEMP_REQTYPE]" WORKFLOW_ID="[TEMP_WF]" COPY_FIELDS="N" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP="Child of this Request" SUBMIT="Y"

(all tokens are populated properly for sure – see below)

The following message appears in log:

Beginning command: KSC Copy Request
Running PL/SQL procedure KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL.COPY_REQUEST
Summary of parameters:
FROM_REQUEST_ID=30337
REQUEST_TYPE_ID=30431
WORKFLOW_ID=30573
COPY_FIELDS=N
COPY_NOTES=N
CREATE_REFERENCE=Y
REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP=Child of this Request
STATUS_NAME=
SUBMIT=Y
PROCESS_RULE=N
Request copied successfully with new ID = 0

And the request is not being created.

FROM_REQ, REQ_TYPE and WORKFLOW exist for sure (partial results – not all columns shown):

select * from kcrt_requests r WHERE request_id = 30337
REQUEST_ID CREATION_DATE CREATED_BY LAST_UPDATE_DATE LAST_UPDATED_BY ENTITY_LAST_UPDATE_DATE REQUEST_NUMBER REQUEST_TYPE_ID
30337 05-11-2010 14:32:31 104329 05-11-2010 14:32:31 104329 05-11-2010 14:32:31 30337 30431

select * from kcrt_request_types t WHERE request_type_id = 30431
REQUEST_TYPE_ID CREATION_DATE CREATED_BY LAST_UPDATE_DATE LAST_UPDATED_BY
30431 05-11-2010 06:45:06 100304 05-12-2010 09:27:10 104329

select * from kwfl_workflows WHERE workflow_id = 30573
WORKFLOW_ID CREATED_BY CREATION_DATE LAST_UPDATED_BY LAST_UPDATE_DATE ENTITY_LAST_UPDATE_DATE WORKFLOW_NAME
30573 100304 05-11-2010 06:47:40 100304 05-11-2010 06:47:40 05-11-2010 06:47:40 GEMB - Progress Report workflow

Thank you and best regards
Lukasz Czech
15 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Request copy problem

Hi.

See another variant in attach.
May be it help you
Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi Alexander,

thank you for your reply. I have seen your solution in previous posts. I am considering this as a workaround if everything else fails. I want to ensure why this solution is not working in one of our environments (in other works fine).
I have already submitted case in HP, but sometimes (often) Forum response is faster ;)

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
anand140778
Contributor.

hey, are you trying to copy a request which uses Field Groups : PFM Proposal or PFM Projects. If so try disabling financial summary, staffing profile and Approved Proposal Snapshot in your target request type and it will work. Let me know..
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I do not use these group fields in the request we try to copy. I know that with project requests it is not possible.

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I had a similar problem a couple of days ago.
Do you have installed a language Pack?
In this case you must change the REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP to a localized value.
However additional to your command I set the STATUS_NAME.

Maybe this is the problem.

Regards
Volker
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi,

thank you for your reply - we do not have language pack. I will try you solution with STATUS_NAME.

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
sradtke
Super Contributor.

Hi Lukasz,

i had a similiar problem with the ksc_move_request_workflow command.

Does the execution step has any security group listed? Because the ksc_move_request_workflow command requires the security group of the person, who will execute the step.

So maybe, you have to add the admin group to the execution step.

Hopefully, this works!

Regards
Sascha
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi Sascha, Volker,

thank you for your replies. I've tried to add Administrators security group to step where ksc_create_request command is used and additionally add STATUS_NAME (with value) to this command, however commands executed by workflow_timeout_service still do not properly execute and request is not being copied.

All other ideas are welcomed

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.

Are you able to provide all the mandetory fields information requried to create the request cause you have kept COPY_FIELDS="N" ?. You can also try "kcvs_utilities.create_requests" .

Hope this will help.

Jyotir
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi,

we do not have any mandatory fields in copied request - it can be submitted without providing any values while manually creating.
I will try with kcvs_utilities.create_requests

Best regards
Lukasz Czech
RichardWoodmans
Trusted Contributor.

Lukasz Czech,

Did you ever get a satisfactory answer from HP on the case that you sumbmitted on this issue?

I am hitting the same issue. I have a workflow that uses the ksc_Copy_Request command. The same step can be used to create different request types. Out of three (3) request types that the step can create, two of them are created without an issue, the third always fails.

All three request types use the same header which uses the Demand SLA and Demand Scheduling groups fields.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

We had the same problem. Only one request type could not be created. We finally noticed that the parent and child had one detail field in common that were incompatible. In the parent, it was defined as Text Area - 1800 and assigned to Parameter41. In the child request, the assignment type was also defined as Text Area - 1800 but it was assigned to Parameter2 which is limited to 200 characters. When the value in the parent request was longer than 200 characters, the child was not created.
RichardWoodmans
Trusted Contributor.

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up!

I turned off the Copy_Fields option and the offending request type now gets created. Now I have to go through 15-20 fields that use common tokens to find out which field(s) is causing the problem.
RichardWoodmans
Trusted Contributor.

Just to confirm, there was one field that shared parameters but used different validations. There were both dropdown validations but one used TRUE/FALSE in the 'code' column and the other used Y/N. Enough of a difference to cause the ksc_copy_request to fail.
Łukasz Czech
Super Contributor.

Hi,

sorry for the delay in response but I was out of office. Our problem was quite different - we use timeout to create requests on regular basis (e.g. once per week). In that case these new requests are being created by workflow_timeout_service user. Unfortunately this user does not have rights (licenses, access grants) to perform such operation. HP classified this as a bug. As a workaround you can add liceses and access grants for this user directly in DB, as it cannot be done in Workbench.

Best regards
Lukasz Czech