Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Resource pool is not populating automatically when resource selected in Add position window

ShravanK Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Resource pool is not populating automatically when resource selected in Add position window

Hi All,

I beleive when we select any resource in add position window, then the resource pool for that resource will auto populate in the resource pool field. But this is not happenning for all the resources. 

Only for sepcific resources it is working.

Can anyone know what is the criteria here to auto populate resource pool when resource selected.

Best Regards,

Shravan

5 REPLIES
Amishra  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..

Re: Resource pool is not populating automatically when resource selected in Add position window

Shravan,

For the resources whose demand is not auto-populating, please check their capacity how much is their availability. PPM auto populates the available hours. 

Other thing to check is, weather the resource is expiring in near future, if the resoure is expiring then there wont be any hours to auto-populate.

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
Super Contributor.

Re: Resource pool is not populating automatically when resource selected in Add position window

Hello Ajay,

Thanks for the response. But I am referring related to Resource Pool filed in add position window ( not hours).

If we click on Add Position window, there when we select any resource in specific resources request field, the resource pool name for that resource is auto populate in resource pool field.

But for some resources, it is not happening. I would like to know the criteria in order to populate the resource pool name automatically when we select resource in specific resources requested field in Add position window.

Best Regards,

Shravan

Etienne_Canaud
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shravan,

I don't have an explanation, but I would look into these:

1) Does the resource belong to more than one pool (or is not fully assigned to one single pool)? If yes, PPM will not know which pool to pick.

2) Does the user currently logged in have access to the resource pool participation information?  If not, I would expect PPM not to disclose this information by automatically selecting the pool of the resource.

3) Any other discrepency you may spot between a resource that has its pool auto filled and a resource that doesn't?

Amishra  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..

Hi Sharvan,

I guess, Etienne has summed it up :) Once you try and find answers to these you should be good. 

Also do check if the resource belongs to any resource pool as well. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
Super Contributor.

Hi Etienne and Ajay both for your responses.

1). I see resource belongs to second pool also but that pool is not active. So Iam not sure why we need to consider this.
and first resource pool is 100% given.

I further investigated and found that below 2 conditions has to satisfy for this.

1). Resource's resource pool participation must fall after the staffing profile's start date
and 2). Resource should not have more than one resource pool eventhough second resource pool is not active.

Can you please check the above from your end to see if this is correct or am I missing any other condition.

Best Regards,

Shravan