Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

adding notifications to request type on field change

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jayant Gupta
Trusted Contributor.

adding notifications to request type on field change

Hi all
i am trying to add a notification to the request type on change of the field. but can any one help me out in letting me know how to put my customized fields in the request types when i add a new notification. there are already some filed types in the section "field" in the new notif window. i want to add some more fields to it.
how do i do it. appreiate your help. thanks in advance.
regards
jayant
13 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: adding notifications to request type on field change

Jayant,

Your custom fields would be entered into the notification just like any other token: [VP.CUSTOM_TOKEN_NAME] for the visible value and [P.CUSTOM_TOKEN_NAME] for the hidden value. Hope this helps.

Jason
Jayant Gupta
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Jason for your reply.
i understand your point, but my question is how do we add those tokens there. there is no options like "add field" in the notification window. i am attaching a snapshot along with to put forrward my point.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards
Jayant
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jayant,

I wasn't able to open the attachment. Can you send it to me at jedimastr13(at)gmail.com.

Jason
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Hi jayant,

I think it is not possible to add notification on change of custom field.Even i have raised this qquestion on forum.It is allowing us to select only few of the fields in "Request Header section" for applying the field change notification.

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jayant,
We cannot send notifications on change of a customized field. It is only for header fields like 'Assigned To'.

We tried this some time back. Please advice if you have any solution.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Jayant Gupta
Trusted Contributor.

Hi shravan and mahendra
thanks for your replies. even i am trying out ways if this can be made possible. i will apprise you if i am able to come to any conclusion.

thanks
Jayant
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jayant,

Now that I can see what you are trying to do, I agree the others: this is not possible. PPM will only allow you to monitor select fields that appear in the KCRT_REQUESTS table.

Jason
jyotir_2
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

in this notification setting we have to pass the CODE VALUE rather than meaning value.

Is there way we can change this setting as per our requirement.

-Jyotir
Jayant Gupta
Trusted Contributor.

thanks all for your replies.
here is what i have done as a turnaround:
the fields which are present in the "field" section in the notification, i have changed them as per our customization by creating a different header type. but here also be careful in chosing the validation types, as we wont be able to make the changes in the token, so select only those validations which are compatible.
its a turnaround but i got what i wanted :)and am able to send the notifications on the basis of field change.

thanks again
Jayant

Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Jayant.
We resolve this issue by:
1. Need send notification on field 1 change.
In list of fiels allow small numbers of fiel (8-10), application,company i.e.
How it possible?
You need create a RULE than aply on field 1 chanege to change value on field "application" to value "HP" for example.
Next you set notification on change field "application" on value "HP".
In result we have structure:
Field 1 change--> field "Application" change-->send notification by event field "Application" change to value "HP".
It's working. I check this.
Good Luck
Jayant Gupta
Trusted Contributor.

thanks Alexander for your reply. i have somewhat got your point. u intend me to use advanced default rules right?
but i am still little unclear as to how will i be able to change the fields which appear on the notifiation->field window.
can you please elaborate on this line of yours:
"You need create a RULE than aply on field 1 chanege to change value on field "application" to value "HP" for example."
the field 1 which you are pointing should be outside summary section right?

Thanks again for your concern. appreciate your help

Regards
Jayant
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Attached any screenshots.
Good Luck
Jayant Gupta
Trusted Contributor.

thanks so much alex, its working perfectly fine for me:)
HI all
pls follow the steps mentioned by Alex, no need for a workaround!

Regards
jayant