Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

ksc_local_exec cscript - timeout problem

aylinsakar
New Member.

ksc_local_exec cscript - timeout problem

Hi,

We have a requirement related to integration point of PPM and another tool.

PPM calls a vbscript with below command to trigger other tool processes;

ksc_local_exec cscript qc.vbs '[REQD.P.QC_FOLDER_TYPE]' '[REQD.P.QC_REQUEST_ID]' '[MY_PROJECT_NAME]' '[REQ.REQUEST_ID]' '[MY_REQ_DESC]' '[MY_WORKPACKAGE_NAME]' '[REQD.P.QC_TASK_ID]' '[REQD.VP.TC_QC_PROJECT]'

VBScript sometimes takes 60 seconds, and usually 14 seconds. If it takes 60 seconds, then PPM step is failed with timeout.

I want PPM not to wait vbscript run until the end. PPM should trigger my script and should not wait a response and go ahead. It does not matter the success or failure response is receivied from vbscript.

What are your recommends about the timeout problem? Is there a command or configuration to provide PPM not waiting vbscript until the end.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ksc_local_exec cscript - timeout problem

I'd just make the script that PPM calls be a wrapper that calls the other functions asynchronously and exits.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try increasing command time out and set it to 300

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
danriz
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Eric. It works!

I am planing to migrate a windows server to linux. Have you made any trial to run a VBS under linux? According to web searches Wine and Winetricks can run it. Do you have an suggestion?

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

I always write my scripts in ksh so I've never tried anything like that.

danriz
Respected Contributor.

Hello;

Can you share me an example?

In web searches I found command ScriptStart and the below argment. Which one shall I use or do you know any other way?

Dim objShell
Set objShell = Wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "TestScript.vbs 42 ""an arg containing spaces"" foo"

' Using Set is mandatory
Set objShell = Nothing