cancel

ALM 12 Database server setup failed

Ariane988
New Member.

ALM 12 Database server setup failed

Hi

I'm having the same database issue :

I downloaded the trial version of ALM 12

I have Windows 2008 Server R2, and SQL server 2008 R2 (on a virtualbox VM)

Th installation begins OK, but it keeps complaining about the database version (although it is the recommended one).

I've reinstalled everything very carefully with no success

I've found the .batch file, but can't figure out how to edit it...could you please give me a more precise hint ?

Thanx !

P.S. This post and its reply have been split off from other thread. - HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Craig_Drummond
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: ALM 12 Database server setup failed

The supported version of SQL server for ALM 12 is "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2".  Since you didn't say in your post that you are at SP2 I suppose that is why the install is failing.  You can upgrade your database to SP2 or you can tell ALM to not check the DB version.

I am not sure what you mean by you don't know how to edit the .bat file or the validations file.  They are simple text files that can be edited with NotePad or your favorite text editor.  The documentation is about as specific as it can be on what to change to skip certain validations.

If you are still unable to edit the file (because it is burned onto a DVD or something) you may have to copy the installation files to the Hard Drive and\or remove the read only attribute (if it is marked read only) before you will be able to edit the file.

Since you are using the trail version of the software you may not be able to open a case with HP Support, if that is the case and you still can't figure out how to get the software installed you may need to request assistance from one of the many consultants that can assist you (most likely for a fee) more directly.

Craig Drummond

HP SW Premier Support, Technical Account Manger - ALM Products

Craig_Drummond
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: ALM 12 Database server setup failed

Also note, the supported 2008 R2 OS for ALM is "Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 64 Bit".  2008 R2 Standard and 2008 R2 Enteprise (without the SP1 patch) are not listed as supported.

Craig

Ariane988
New Member.

Re: ALM 12 Database server setup failed [solved]

Thanks for your help

I do have the required OS and DB...so I made a new, careful install and now ALM is OK. Let's play !!