Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

Business Modules sample file (xml or xpdl)

roneill78
Absent Member.

Business Modules sample file (xml or xpdl)

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to use Business Models and I have tried tool after tool and it never seems to work. Does anyone have a sample xml or xpdl file I can try for learning purposes. I have tried several sample xml and xpdl files but that does not seem to work either.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Kirill_Vasiluk
Absent Member.

Re: Business Modules sample file (xml or xpdl)

Are you trying to import xml/xpdl into ALM project or open file in a business process modeling tool? Generally business model xml/xpdl files can only be opened correctly by same tool that was used to create it.

I attached two sample business model files to my post, one created with Bizagi Modeler and other with BPMN Visio Add-in. Both can be imported in ALM. I'm attaching them as txt files as uploading xpdl attachements is not allowed - change file extensions to xpdl after downloading. 

Highlighted
michaeldrane
Absent Member.

Re: Business Modules sample file (xml or xpdl)

Hi,

What is teh BPMN Visio Add-in that you are using? Is it free to use?

I just tried importing a XPDL 2.1 file that I converted from Visio at Business Process incubator's Cloud Tool https://www.businessprocessincubator.com/cloudapps/#web-service-113 but ALM said that the file format is not supported when I tried to import. 

I would love to find a Visio Add-In that I is known to work in converting files that will successfully upload. What version of Visio are you using and what version of XPDL is the add-in converting to?