Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

Call existing action to a test using QTP AOM

Drew A Smith
Contributor.

Call existing action to a test using QTP AOM

I am trying to add a call existing action to a test case using the QTP AOM. I see that a new action can be added using the 'AddNewAction' method from either the Test or Action objects, but I have not found a method to call to an existing action the AOM. If it helps the manual way of doing this is: Insert > Call to Existing Action. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Drew
2 REPLIES
Drew A Smith
Contributor.

Re: Call existing action to a test using QTP AOM

Just in case anyone was curious about the answer to this. Per HP there is not a way built into the QTP AOM to make a call to an existing action or Copy an existing action like you can manually through the Insert menu. The only way to make a call to an action is using AddNewAction to create a new action and add that.
Jim Andrianakis
New Member.

Re: Call existing action to a test using QTP AOM

Thanks for the update.  I spent a couple of days looking into doing the same thing and you're right, HP doesn't offer that functionality.  Now I am forced to manually rework my 100 or so QTP test scripts into QC. 

HP should rethink this.  After years of working with QTP, our company now got onboard with QC and I am tasked with migrating all our scripts from our file system to QC's.  There is no elegant and easy way to do this.  Thanks for nothing HP.