Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

Can anyone please help me to copy the business component folder to other business component folder

Highlighted
Vicky39
Absent Member.

Can anyone please help me to copy the business component folder to other business component folder

Hi All,

I have some restriction to copy the business component folder to other component folder, QC admin has set the threshold limit of 20 components at a time, so its very time consuming to move the components one by one. Is there any way that we can achieve this thing with OTA and VBA.

Any help would be great

Thanks in Advance!!!

3 REPLIES
sheyenne Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Can anyone please help me to copy the business component folder to other business component fold

That is probably a good move that your admin limited the copying of business components to 20 or so. Mass copying of business components is a dangerous thing because of the all other intricate "components" of business components, i.e. Application Area, resources, linked objects etc. that could get tangled up when copying business components care-free.
Vicky39
Absent Member.

Re: Can anyone please help me to copy the business component folder to other business component fold

yeah thats true, but in current situation we need to copy the folders in bulk, so if any suggestions how to achieve it please let me know.

Trudy Claspill
Absent Member.

It sounds like you're asking us to help you find a way to circumvent a restriction that was probably imposed for a very good reason. Have you tried talking to your QC admin about removing or modifying the restriction?

It will be quite difficult for anybody to suggest a meaningful solution, given that we have no idea exactly how your QC Admin implemented the restriction.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Top Contributors Last 30 Days