Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

Error installing ALM / QC v12 - The signature of ALM-Platform-Loader.msi is corrupted or invalid

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
epenzo
Absent Member.

Error installing ALM / QC v12 - The signature of ALM-Platform-Loader.msi is corrupted or invalid

Cannot install the latest version of ALM Qualty Center, when navigating to the URL, http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxx/qcbin/start_a.jsp, and clikc on Install (as prompted by the windonws to install the update), the file ALM-Platform-Loader.msi donwload fine, but when trying to run it it displays that error message. If I save the file, I can install it, but when navigating to the URL I got now this error message: "Initialization has failed. Contact your system administrator. Failure details: http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxx/qcbin/setup_a.cab - This file has no digital signature or signature cannot be validated".   If I check on the file, the certificate is revoked. How can I by pass that validation or fix it. I 've already (during the last three days) read and try almost everything people has posted about. Configuration is Windows 7 with SP1, iE11 32 bits, I have full admin privileges. Tried unistall manually and with the ALM/QC unistall tool. Install all the certificates everyone has mentiones.  Set Internert Options with the recommended securiry/privacy/advanced settings. I have no more ideas, unless this is caused by incompatibility of a windows update and the iE. I did restar iE11, but I cannot do same for Windows.  Any fresh ideas....? most of our team was able to install it and is working fine, just a copule of us have this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Satya_y
New Member.
Solution

Re: Error installing ALM / QC v12 - The signature of ALM-Platform-Loader.msi is corrupted or invali

Hello,

Please check if there are any hewlett Packard certificates are available under untrusted publishers.You should remove them if any HP certificates avaialble under untrusted publishers. Please access below path to check for untrusted publishers.
Internet options->Content-->Certificates-->untrusted publishers

Thanks,

Satya

3 REPLIES
Satya_y
New Member.
Solution

Re: Error installing ALM / QC v12 - The signature of ALM-Platform-Loader.msi is corrupted or invali

Hello,

Please check if there are any hewlett Packard certificates are available under untrusted publishers.You should remove them if any HP certificates avaialble under untrusted publishers. Please access below path to check for untrusted publishers.
Internet options->Content-->Certificates-->untrusted publishers

Thanks,

Satya

epenzo
Absent Member.

Thank you very much, that worked. There was one Hewlett Packard certificate under the untrusted list. I deleted it and next tine navigating the URL it started to auto-install the upgrade. Now is ready and I can logging again!

kishanbiswal
New Member.

Thanks Satya,

It worked well for me.