Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

Install Language packs for QC 11

Chandni123
Regular Contributor.

Install Language packs for QC 11

Hi,

I need to add language packs for Japanese and German to the QC 11 Enterprise edition (Windows Server 2003 ) that we are using. How can I install these language packs and how to check if they work?

Regards

CP

9 REPLIES
Highlighted
trujilan
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Install Language packs for QC 11

Hello Chandni,

Could you confirm that you need dictionaries for check spelling?

Best Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Chandni123
Regular Contributor.

No I will not need spell checking for the client. But is the process different if spell check is required.

Can you please guide me to the answer?

Some more details:

QC Host Server: Windows Server 2003

DB: MS SQL 2005 STandard (shared database)

Languages required in QC: English, german, japanese

Regards

CP

Trudy Claspill
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Chadni123

Are you saying that you want one QC server to present its interface in different languages to different users?

Why do you need the different language packs?
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Chandni123
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

My client says that they have users in UK, Germany and Japan for the same QC project. Is it possible that if the QC server installation is in English, different users from different areas can see the same QC project in their local language (Japanese and German).

I am not sure about the language pack. I guessed that if I need a language then I would install a language pack on the QC install. I think I may be wrong here.

Regards

Chandni

Trudy Claspill
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't think it is possible.

The media for ALM comes in various languages, and I believe the language of the original media determines what language will be used to display ALM/QC UI elements and text.

You should open a case directly with HP Support to find out for sure.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Chandni123
Regular Contributor.

Thanks for your reply. That is what I thought as well.

The QC install files come in various languages and there can only be 1 language for QC (UI) per host server.

I can install service packs to support various input languages from client machines/users. But the QC UI will still be in the same language as the QC installation and multiple language UI's are not supported on the same QC host server

Andrey_L
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Currently QC/ALM not support multi-language

But part of interface locale-dependent, so if user use German locale on his windows, part of interface will be on German language

jpsanga1981
Contributor.

Hi

We are in ALM 12.5 version with oracle 12.1.0.2 as database server. As we have installed English language based ALM 12.5 on our server. Bur few of customers want to enter the data in Test Plan [ Test Case Description, Step Name, Description, Expected Results..etc] and Defects [ Summary, Description and Comments ] fields in their respective locale language like Japanese, Chinese, Spanish or Russian language.

Is there any possibility to implement this change on ALM 12.5 English without changing the ALM 12.5 server locale. ?

Or Can we apply Character set specified to that language on respective column or table or user schema level ? without changing the Database Instance locate unicode ?

please do share the thought process on this ?

Regards

Jayaprakash S