Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is HP Application Lifecyle Management 11 the new Quality Center 11?

Percy Bell
Absent Member.

Is HP Application Lifecyle Management 11 the new Quality Center 11?

Now that LR11, QC11, and QTP11 have been released, I'm trying to download them.  I see that QTP11 has been renamed HP Functional Tester 11.  Has QC11 been renamed ALM11?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Tracy DeDore
Absent Member.

Re: Is HP Application Lifecyle Management 11 the new Quality Center 11?

QTP is still the product name, but we've been selling the package of QTP+Addins as Functional Testing for quite some time.  QTP isn't available by itself anymore - we only sell the FT package and now Unified Functional Testing (UFT) as well which combined Functional Testing (QTP+Addins) and Service Test so you can do both GUI-based and non GUI-based (headless) testing.    HP Quality Center Enterprise will still exist - ALM is the new name for what was originally Quality Center Premier.  So you'll still have 3 versions of Quality Center: Starter Edition, QC Enterprise and ALM.

mark_ford  Honored Contributor..
 Honored Contributor..

Re: Is HP Application Lifecyle Management 11 the new Quality Center 11?

Here's my take.... please correct me if I'm wrong Tracy...

Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is also a generic term used sometimes to talk collectively about products that tie in to application development in some way.  Google "application lifecycle management" and you'll see what I mean.  HP has branded their new ALM suite with the ALM name leveraging an updated Quality Center interface.  A recent webinar described HP ALM as “a new solution of BTO Applications products incorporating Requirements Management, Development Management, Quality Management, and Performance Optimization.”  They essentially took the HP Quality Center product which already contained the requirement and quality management pieces along with its hooks into some of the development tools and integrated HP Performance Center into the mix.  This gives users a consolidated set of tools to oversee application development from requirements to performance testing all under one roof.  I guess one could expect that expanding the scope of the HP Quality Center interface into a more holistic toolset should include a new name and I suppose HP Application Lifecycle Management is as good as any.  You access portions/features in HP ALM depending on what you are licensed for (QC Enterprise, QC Premier, Performance Center, etc.)

Top Contributors Last 30 Days