Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
cancel

OTA connection problems - The RPC server is unavailable

nteulier
Contributor.

OTA connection problems - The RPC server is unavailable

Hello,

I'm experiencing some OTA connection problem with a Java program extracting information from HP ALM.

This problem occurs in one environment and I'm not able to reproduce it.

HP ALM version: 11.0

Java version: 7 - 32 bits.

Tests have be executed on 2 different computers: one running Windows 7, the other one WINDOWS 2008 r2.

When I run my java program, I can't connect to the HP ALM server.

The "initConnectionEx" function returns the following error message:

800706ba The RPC server is unavailable

Same result using ITDConnection3 or ITDConnection objects to handle the connection.

We've been through all the recommended settings RPC configuration.

Without success.

I've created an Excel file connecting to HP ALM, counting the number of requirement and releasing connection.

Connection is made with exactly the same credentials than the java program

This file is working properly on both computers.

What could cause this problem?

Thank you,

Nicolas

4 REPLIES
Trudy Claspill
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OTA connection problems - The RPC server is unavailable

what is the patch level of your ALM server? Are you up to date on the patches? The current GA patch is 16.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
nteulier
Contributor.

Hi Trudy,

HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.00

ALM patch level: 15

I'm not sure migrating to patch level 16 can be achieved easily.

Is there a release note stating problems fixed in patch 16?

Where can I find it please?

Trudy Claspill
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't know for a fact that patch 16 contains a fix for this. Often the first question asked by HP support is "are you up to date on patches".

If you want to look at the patch contents, the patch would be available from the HP support site.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
nteulier
Contributor.

Thank you for your help Trudy, I'll have a look at the release note!