The community has a new login process
The community single sign-on system has been changed. Learn more about it HERE
Highlighted
Omar Lpz Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Unable to Pass the "Security" screen in ALM 12.60 Installation

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install ALM 12.60 in a Windows Server 2016 enviroment, this is a VM and said VM has installed SQL Server 2016, Micorosoft IIS 10.0 and JDK 1.8, I've added the java path to the global Path in the server, and disabled the UAC in the VM. ALM install wizard goes fine until the "Security" part, there I introduce the CDE Passphrase and the Com Security Passphrase, and when I click "Next" nothing happens, I've been 2 days reading the guide but there's nothing related with my problem. So I don't know what to do. I read that maybe the issue was because the Java Version but I installed Java jre 10.0.2 and the wizard did not accept that version either. So I'm stuck in the installation.  You can see how the button is pressed but nothing happens in the Screenshot attached. Please advice in what should I do or what I'm missing. Thanks in Advance.

Omar

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Unable to Pass the "Security" screen in ALM 12.60 Installation

Jump to solution

I got it solved. The java version installed with UFT and Sprinter made  the installation failed, setting a clean java install, installing ALM then, and only then, install UFT and Sprinter. Now my enviroment works fine.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Super Contributor.. machinedata Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

What does the information in the installer log say?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm unable to find the Installation Log, I've searched in C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard but there's only info about UFT. In C:\Windows\Temp is a logfile called "silconfig" with the next line: "Not configuring software inventory logging as it is not enabled" But there's nothing about the ALM Installation log.  I've seen in videos that there's a pop up window when click on 'Next' but mine's not appearing, I don't know what could be causing the issue.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Hi is this non production environment?
If so try killing the ALM installation process from task manager , restart the machine and again install the ALM binary, see if it is giving the same issue in your second attempt.
Regards,Srihari
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Srihari

yeah, this is a non productive enviroment, I'm trying to integrate a test enviroment with ALM + UFT + Sprinter for learning purposes. I realized my java version was causing the issue...but it seems that it is still causting issues. I installed ALM succesfully according to the Wizard, but as you can see the attached image, the install failed. I don't know if it's because I installed UFT first, but I get this Java Exception.POC PLSQL.png

The log shows as follows:

Captura1.PNG

I don't know what may be wrong.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I got it solved. The java version installed with UFT and Sprinter made  the installation failed, setting a clean java install, installing ALM then, and only then, install UFT and Sprinter. Now my enviroment works fine.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.