Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Quality Center / ALM User Discussions
cancel

creating Test report with Test-Statistic (as a diagramm or as a table with nubbers of Tests)

Highlighted
gordi Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

creating Test report with Test-Statistic (as a diagramm or as a table with nubbers of Tests)

As an beginner in ALM , I'am working in QM, and I would like to ask for helf for the topik: creating the reports from  Testplan, Test Suite Test Case

Test Plan                                                                  TC

TSuite 1                              planned                    135        

TS n                                    passed                       93

Test Case n1               failed                          35

Test Case   n2           open                             x    

so that as result – is a table or diagramm. And by clicking on Testplan-Testsuite-TestCase – Structure - there were refered Numbers indicated. Also, Testplan-TS-TC-Tree and statistic schould be connected.

4 REPLIES
machinedata Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: creating Test report with Test-Statistic (as a diagramm or as a table with nubbers of Tests)

It sounds to me like your best bet is to create a Business View Excel report, and then use a pivot-table in Excel to provide the grouping/drill-down and counts as you have shown.  From there you can also create pivotcharts.

However your example isn't clear:

-  what do the statuses represent, execution status?  If so, what do you mean by "open" status.

-  what are you referring to when you mean test suite.  Are you referring to test sets in test lab?

Depending on the answer to the above, your business view query could be based on the test set folder / test set / test instance entities, which would be generated/exported into Excel for pivot-table processing as mentioned above.

Frequent Contributor.

Re: creating Test report with Test-Statistic (as a diagramm or as a table with nubbers of Tests)

Thank you.

the statuses represents execution status, yes. For example, if the testrun ended with result "Passed", "Failed", "Error", " unconclusiv" and other.   Status "open" was only expample... Status "open " was not correct inough.

Test Suite - is a collection/ordner with test cases to determined topic (for example safety or for example first-level-Tests-Collection). Like in ALM/RQM. In a TestPlan there are TestSuits. In TestSuits there are TestCases. This is the structure. And I have to connect/ to link this structure with the statistic of Test-Run-Results:   Result-status of Testruns , and numbers of Tests with status "Passed", "failed"..."Complete number of TCs"

For Example by Click on structure-Element (for Example on TestCase) it shuold be indicated how much TestCases there are existing copmlet, how TestCases(TC) was runned with result "passed", how TC with "failed", how with "unconclusiv", how wizh "error" a.o. ...     The same (like by TestCases) has to be represented by Test Suites.

Additionally in the indications-Table/diagramm should be presented quantity of executions-Hours (should- and is- time) complete and ececutions-time for each Test-Case and Test-Suite.

If you mean, it could be a "business view Ecxel-Report" - ok, you know it better.How is the was to create this kind of report?

The sence ist report about test-activities at a Test-bench for Project-management.

Frequent Contributor.

In the attachment are the steps, which I did until. Also the questions in visual.

machinedata Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Thanks for the clarification; you're trying to design the report in Rational Quality Manager, not ALM.  I didn't realize this is what you meant by QM.

So the issue you will face is that in ALM, there's no object such as Test Suite.  It is represented as a folder in the Test Plan, and there could be any number of levels of folders in the Subject Tree.

I'm not sure how you would create the report in RQM, you may want to check their community forums.

However, if you want to do this in ALM, use the Business Views report type.  Within project customization, you would create a business view query which would use the Test and Test Folder entity to extract the columns for Test Folder, Test Name, Execution Status, and any other columns you wish.

Then with the business view query, you would exit Project Customization and the build the Excel report, using the pivot table feature as mentioned earlier.

This should work as long as your test suites in ALM Test Plan module doesn't have sub-folders.  If they do, then you'll have to work out a query or even just use the API directly to extract the information you need.

For information on Business Views in ALM, consult the user guide and administrator guides.

Top Contributors Last 30 Days