Changes to the community structure and the menu bar
Significant changes have happened to the structure of our community and our drop down menu bar. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Quality Center / ALM User Discussions
cancel

"hp syncronizer" false Mail Notifications

Highlighted
OC162
New Member.

"hp syncronizer" false Mail Notifications

How can we suggest new mail notification policy/features for sync errors at the QC syncronizer (a.k.a. - HP ALM Synchronizer) ?

current version lets only send mail to one email address, and andmin errors (i.e. bad connection) and end user errors (i.e. defect X failed to sync) are both send to same email address (a seperation between the cases feature is missing here).

Also, repeating errors cause repeating spam mail (a send every T time feature is missing).

2 REPLIES
Jan Czajkowski Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: "hp syncronizer" false Mail Notifications

We are using a mailgroup for receiving mail notifications from the Synchronizer.

And I agree, there is way too much redundant email notifications sent. I created an enhancement request some year ago asking for ways of tuning the notification policy, but so far nothing has happened. I recommend that you also make you voice heard to Micro Focus so that they see that there are more customers feeling the pain.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
jgomez_1392 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: "hp syncronizer" false Mail Notifications

Hi,

Here you can find a link with an Ehancement request related with ALM Synchronizer, about the email function for ALM Synchronizer:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1J78171

Check this out, and if you see that it is useful for your request, you can subscribe to get news when this enhancement request has an update.

Top Contributors Last 30 Days