Maintenance is complete- We've moved from the saas.hpe.com domain to softwaregrp.com click to read more
As part of our journey to complete our separation work and our future integration with Micro Focus, we've now updated our domain for the community. This is an interim step, which will be followed by a series of future update / improvements: - Piloting Idea boards - Refreshing the entire UI. (more to come later) - and more
SDK / API Support
cancel

Trim Service API 9.1.2 - Help with disposition search

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ronb1191
Frequent Contributor.

Trim Service API 9.1.2 - Help with disposition search

I'm trying to get records via a search (see code snippet below) and the disposition is not working in "q" where 

q = "disposition:Active,Inactive,\"Archived(Local)\",\"Archived(Interim)\",\"Archived(Permanent)\""

I've tried with and without quotes as well.  I can get disposition:Active,Inactive just fine.

Also would like to find for all dispositions, something like disposition:all or disposition:*; these don't work either

var propertiesContainer = new PropertyList();
propertiesContainer.Add(PropertyIds.RecordNumber);
propertiesContainer.Add(PropertyIds.RecordTitle);
propertiesContainer.Add(PropertyIds.RecordDateCreated);

Records requestContainer = new Records()
{
q = "disposition:Active,Inactive,\"Archived(Local)\",\"Archived(Interim)\",\"Archived(Permanent)\"",
Properties = propertiesContainer,
pageSize = 9999,
//sortBy = new string[] { "recTitle" }
};

RecordsResponse responseContainer = trimClient.Get<RecordsResponse>(requestContainer);

Help is much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES
JanMartin
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Trim Service API 9.1.2 - Help with disposition search

Selects Records based on a value for Disposition.

Based on the list 'Disposition':
A simple value: Active
A list of values: Active,Inactive
A numerical equivalent value: 2
A list of numerical equivalent values: 2,4
The following values are supported:
(Active=1,Inactive=2,"Archived (Keep Forever)"=5,Destroyed=6,"Archived (Custody Transferred)"=7)

You may need to include the space before the open parentheses, otherwise guess the number associated with the unlisted disposition values.

ronb1191
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Trim Service API 9.1.2 - Help with disposition search

Thanks again for the solution JanMartin!