SMA-X Idea Exchange

Variables and RAD Functions in User Options translate in Service Portal

Service Portal must execute or translate any RAD Function combination or vairables in user options when have been setted a validation against a record in a table.

Currently, the Service Portal cannot execute, for example, tod(date()) or $ or whatever viarable defined on login.DEFAULT format control or OOTB vairables.

Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudus, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be reviewed by the product team

Please add the use cases for this i.e., how you would use the functionality

Frequent Visitor.

Would this also apply to the Service Request Catalog portal? This feature is sorely needed at the organisation I work for.

I currently have a ticket with Microfocus regarding the ability to define conditions based on variables that would usually be available in SM web tier/desktop client, but are not available within the Service Request Catalog session.

An example use case is the ability to select a relevant cost centre and cost centre approver based on the cost of an item. Currently there appears that there is no way to do this in SRC as the variables are not available (cost, quantity, options cost, etc). It is possible to do it via webtier as the variables are available.

Frequent Contributor.

Examples where the user options have to filter records from SM tables executing a query with variables or executing rad functions:

Display Configuration items where the owner is the service recipent. In SM, the user option has the following query filter:$requested.for --> In this case, display all values. For the end-users are complicated select one between thounsands.

Dates must be higher than systemdate: the user option has the following filter: higher or equal than date(tod()) --> This fucntion truncs the systemdate to dd-mm-yyyy 00:00:00 --> The portal only executes the tod() function and the customer always has to change minutes thought the portal to send the request.