SMAX User Discussions
cancel

Business Intelligence Synchronization

Highlighted
JB FERRERE Contributor.
Contributor.

Business Intelligence Synchronization

HELLO WORLD,

i have a simple question about BI Integration.

Following the steps of Business Intelligence Synchronization, first of all we execute the REST call in order to generate the data.

My question is :

Why would we need to download the files for implementation in a BI tool while the data is generated directly on the server ? (potentially accessible directly by the BI tool)

Thanks in advance,

JB

3 REPLIES
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Business Intelligence Synchronization

JB,

The BI job runs on the server and manipulates the data in a specific format, then makes it available to users with specific roles in a tenant. The user who requested the extraction may not have full permissions to the "backend" to retrieve the data directly.

Granted, for some customers, the person who is responsible for the integrations is responsible for the entire setup, but this is not the case for all customers, or situations where the MSP is providing the service to multiple customers.

Best regards,

Brindusa

JB FERRERE Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello Brindusa,

Thank you for the answer.

I understand. So we can not directly make this data usable. In case of we have all the infrastructure. 

Are we forced to download files one by one or can we globalize this "export" ?

The goal is to export them to a server in which the BI tool could search the data.

The goal : We generate the data on our infra then from this infrastructure, we are exporting all the data in csv to another server. 

Regards,

JB

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

JB,

The files will need to be downloaded. Now you can automate the download to get all files at the same time.

Best regards,

Brindusa

Top Contributors Last 30 Days