Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

API session question - SD 4.5 SP11

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc Bienvenue
Absent Member.

API session question - SD 4.5 SP11

Does anyone know if the ID being used to create an API session uses a license.

In otherwords, if I have a webservice creating multiple sessions (it will close the session almost immediately, but it could have a few open simutaneously)will each session use a license? Also If i did give the ID a concurrent license would it error out if max users were logged on?

Thanks so much for any assistance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mauricio Consta
New Member.
Solution

Re: API session question - SD 4.5 SP11

Yes, API sessions counts as a license, the only accounts that does'nt count a license are: system account and integrations account, unfortunately, you can use an integrations account to log in via SD Web API, you have to use eighter a named or concurrent account, or you can use the system account(can be very insecure).
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Mauricio Consta
New Member.
Solution

Yes, API sessions counts as a license, the only accounts that does'nt count a license are: system account and integrations account, unfortunately, you can use an integrations account to log in via SD Web API, you have to use eighter a named or concurrent account, or you can use the system account(can be very insecure).
Marc Bienvenue
Absent Member.

Mauricio,

Thanks so much! This information is perfect! I now can configure the Webservice Attributes and feel comfortable that I will no have a problem in production.

Marc
Jasper Verweij
Absent Member.

Hi Marc,

Depending on the actions you are doing in your webservice, you might use SP account as well. This is a non-licensed acccount, with limited access in HPSD.

In our web application on top of HPSD we have created a sort of pooling mechanism, read-pool with sp account for read-sessions, write-pool with sd account for write-sessions.

Jasper